Post pictures of your latest purchase

HelloNNNewman

Administrator
Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
View attachment 143301
Brother MFC-L2750DW monochrome laser multi-function. Per my policy, it has been de-badged after this picture was taken.

I was using a Brother MFC-L2710DW for a few years, much more for color scanning or BW copying than printing. It was time for a new one and I decided on a MCL2750DW. The 2710 did 2 sided printing and the 2750 is essentially the same hardware but with 2 sided scanning and 2 sided copying. Lately I have needed to scan a lot of documents that were printed on both sides. That meant to scan a 10 sheet document with printing on both sides meant using the flatbed and manually scanning one side of each sheet and then manually turning it over and scanning it again while keeping track of where I was. With the 2750. I can just stick two side documents in the document feeder and click scan. The 2750 even uses the same toner and drum, so I can use the reserves I had for my 2710.

But acquiring it became a quest of epic proportion, some of my own doing.

My first search for one found it for $299 at Best Buy. But instead of just going and picking it up, I decided to price shop. Virtually EVERYPLACE had them listed for $299 except for Office Depot who had them for $324. So, back to BestBuy.com to order for pickup. But now, just a few hours later… out of stock. And likewise for everywhere else EXCEPT the higher priced Office Depot. So, I decided to order from them and continue to monitor every local business and Amazon in hopes one would become available for cheaper before the OD order arrived or the return window expired.

Just hours later Amazon had them for $299 with a 7-week delivery. I could wait that long, so ordered from Amazon and went to cancel at OfficeDepot.com but the cancel option just bounced back to the product page. Strike one for OD. So, I call them and tell them to cancel the order that was just hours old without even an estimate for shipping yet. I was told I had to take delivery and then return it. Make a mental note to never buy from OD because their prices could obviously be cheaper if they didn’t waste money and time this way.

A few days later and still before the OD order even shipped, BestBuy.com would take an order for $299, so I ordered one and planned to cancel the Amazon order as soon as my Best Buy order arrived. But 2 days later Amazon had them again but with 4-week delivery. Naturally, I assumed my earlier order would show an adjusted delivery date, but no, despite Amazon itself being the seller and fulfilment in both cases. So, I order it again from Amazon but not about to cancel the first one yet in case the 4-week order falls apart for any reason.

Fast forward and OD order arrives. I call to return, and they say they will send a truck to pick it up. So when all said and done they will have paid for the following completely unnecessary actions: (1) shipping a heavy printer across the country, (2) sending a truck to retrieve it, (3) disposing with a printer that is no longer retail condition due to the factory carton being plastered with my shipping labels on several sides AND the box undoubtedly opened by OD to make sure a crooked customer didn’t replace the printer with a similar weight rock.

I almost forgot that before picking it up they sent an email saying the pickup will happen BUT misdescribed it as an order rather than a pickup.

And……. then Amazon offers it again with a 10-day delivery without changing the delivery dates for the earlier 7-week and 4-week orders. So, I order it a 3rd time from Amazon but did not cancel earlier ones, just in case. This 3rd Amazon order arrive early, in 7 days and I cancel the prior 2 Amazon orders as well as the Best Buy order.

And for the icing. Remember OD calling the pickup a delivery? Well after acknowledging the return and issuing the refund, I received a statement of the OD rewards I had earned. Instead of cancelling out the rewards for the returned order, they gave me matching rewards for the return, no doubt because parts of their system viewed the return as another order. SMH.

Lastly, I apologize for the many people who could not buy one of these printers while I temporarily tied up the inventory of 3 or 4 major retailers. LoL

That's a man with a mission! LOL Were the Amazon orders you placed showing as being fulfilled by Amazon, or by a 3rd party? I've experienced similar on Amazon, but realized different fulfillment sites were on different listings with different times showing. It's all a big mess sometimes and you have to stay vigilant (like you were) when looking.

Quite the story! If that were my experience it would probably have ended will all devices showing up at my house and having a difficult time returning any! LOL

me just saying

May 17, 2020
Visit site
View attachment 143301

Brother MFC-L2750DW monochrome laser multi-function. Per my policy, it has been de-badged after this picture was taken.

I was using a Brother MFC-L2710DW for a few years, much more for color scanning or BW copying than printing. It was time for a new one and I decided on a MCL2750DW. The 2710 did 2 sided printing and the 2750 is essentially the same hardware but with 2 sided scanning and 2 sided copying. Lately I have needed to scan a lot of documents that were printed on both sides. That meant to scan a 10 sheet document with printing on both sides meant using the flatbed and manually scanning one side of each sheet and then manually turning it over and scanning it again while keeping track of where I was. With the 2750. I can just stick two side documents in the document feeder and click scan. The 2750 even uses the same toner and drum, so I can use the reserves I had for my 2710.

But acquiring it became a quest of epic proportion, some of my own doing.

My first search for one found it for $299 at Best Buy. But instead of just going and picking it up, I decided to price shop. Virtually EVERYPLACE had them listed for $299 except for Office Depot who had them for $324. So, back to BestBuy.com to order for pickup. But now, just a few hours later… out of stock. And likewise for everywhere else EXCEPT the higher priced Office Depot. So, I decided to order from them and continue to monitor every local business and Amazon in hopes one would become available for cheaper before the OD order arrived or the return window expired.

Just hours later Amazon had them for $299 with a 7-week delivery. I could wait that long, so ordered from Amazon and went to cancel at OfficeDepot.com but the cancel option just bounced back to the product page. Strike one for OD. So, I call them and tell them to cancel the order that was just hours old without even an estimate for shipping yet. I was told I had to take delivery and then return it. Make a mental note to never buy from OD because their prices could obviously be cheaper if they didn’t waste money and time this way.

A few days later and still before the OD order even shipped, BestBuy.com would take an order for $299, so I ordered one and planned to cancel the Amazon order as soon as my Best Buy order arrived. But 2 days later Amazon had them again but with 4-week delivery. Naturally, I assumed my earlier order would show an adjusted delivery date, but no, despite Amazon itself being the seller and fulfilment in both cases. So, I order it again from Amazon but not about to cancel the first one yet in case the 4-week order falls apart for any reason.

Fast forward and OD order arrives. I call to return, and they say they will send a truck to pick it up. So when all said and done they will have paid for the following completely unnecessary actions: (1) shipping a heavy printer across the country, (2) sending a truck to retrieve it, (3) disposing with a printer that is no longer retail condition due to the factory carton being plastered with my shipping labels on several sides AND the box undoubtedly opened by OD to make sure a crooked customer didn’t replace the printer with a similar weight rock.

I almost forgot that before picking it up they sent an email saying the pickup will happen BUT misdescribed it as an order rather than a pickup.

And……. then Amazon offers it again with a 10-day delivery without changing the delivery dates for the earlier 7-week and 4-week orders. So, I order it a 3rd time from Amazon but did not cancel earlier ones, just in case. This 3rd Amazon order arrive early, in 7 days and I cancel the prior 2 Amazon orders as well as the Best Buy order.

And for the icing. Remember OD calling the pickup a delivery? Well after acknowledging the return and issuing the refund, I received a statement of the OD rewards I had earned. Instead of cancelling out the rewards for the returned order, they gave me matching rewards for the return, no doubt because parts of their system viewed the return as another order. SMH.

Lastly, I apologize for the many people who could not buy one of these printers while I temporarily tied up the inventory of 3 or 4 major retailers. LoL

Lucky amazon did not lock your account :) I have been reading amazon has been doing a lot of account locking lately because of returns.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Lucky amazon did not lock your account :) I have been reading amazon has been doing a lot of account locking lately because of returns.
Well, I didn't return anything to Amazon. I just cancelled orders many weeks before they were scheduled to ship.

I didn't return anything to Best Buy technically, although they may have shipped one to a local store for pickup. But even then, Best Buy does sell the model from their stores but were out when I ordered.

The only item I returned was a printer to Office Depot and that was only because CS didn't have a way to cancel an order a few hours after it was placed and still days before it would ship.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
That's a man with a mission! LOL Were the Amazon orders you placed showing as being fulfilled by Amazon, or by a 3rd party? I've experienced similar on Amazon, but realized different fulfillment sites were on different listings with different times showing. It's all a big mess sometimes and you have to stay vigilant (like you were) when looking.

Quite the story! If that were my experience it would probably have ended will all devices showing up at my house and having a difficult time returning any! LOL

Yep; all 3 Amazon orders were the same item and price with Amazon as the seller and the fulfillment. I think its underhanded to tell a customer something is back ordered for 7 (or 4) weeks, take the order and then ship the item to customers ordering later first.

And I did cancel the redundant Amazon printer orders long before shipping after I had the 3rd order in my hot little hands. Never the slightest chance I would receive more than one from Amazon.

As for why I didn't cancel the 7-week shipping order when they started offering them in 4 weeks and why I didn't cancel that order when they started offering them in 10 days, you may recall (probably from some earlier post in this very thread) that I am still waiting for an order made over 2 years ago that Amazon still cannot figure out why it hasn't shipped.

Screen print from less than 5 minutes ago. Yes, that order date year does end with a zero.

Clipboard01.jpg

Last edited:

HelloNNNewman

Administrator
Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Needed a new floodlight over the garage - Black Friday deal had the Eufy for $100 off, so I jumped on it since it has a camera too. Looking forward to setting this up and hoping it lasts longer than my old standard floodlight!

Had to get some headed gloves for the winter too! LOL

1.PNG

2.PNG

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Been a while since I thought of this thread, but since I'm here... :evil:

Epson EpiqVision Mini EF12

IMG_20221226_201309.jpg

At 1080p, it looks great. And the speaker is seriously really good. I haven't even bothered to connect my soundbar yet. The two things I find annoying is no image scaling, so I have to physical move the projector. Also, the auto keystone is meh. Manual mode is basically mandatory.

And yes, I'm wasting it to watch Rick & Morty! :evil:

Annie_M

Jan 31, 2019
Visit site
7a4a01c05b7ed1dfc45453e4121e1f3b.jpg

6f30861438c303a1ef4715e0b86b2896.jpg

Reactions: HeyCori

HelloNNNewman

Administrator
Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
New clothes dryer vent - old one was a cheap plastic flap, so I researched one that was built to last, but completely seal when not in use.

*yeah, my caulking job sucked and needs to be cleaned up, but I was in a hurry to install before driving the next morning for the holidays. LOL

3.PNG
4.PNG

5.jpg

HelloNNNewman

Administrator
Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I have always despised the original Apple TV remote and it's crappy touchpad area and poor button layout. I finally (FINALLY) had enough and pulled the trigger on a replacement (series 3) remote. This is the remote that should have come with the thing in the first place - what a difference! I had 3-D printed a holder for the original remote (shown on the left), but picked up a glow-in-the-dark silicone case for the new one (these things are too slippery on their own).

AppleTV Remote.jpg

Grabber5.0

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
I have always despised the original Apple TV remote and it's crappy touchpad area and poor button layout. I finally (FINALLY) had enough and pulled the trigger on a replacement (series 3) remote. This is the remote that should have come with the thing in the first place - what a difference! I had 3-D printed a holder for the original remote (shown on the left), but picked up a glow-in-the-dark silicone case for the new one (these things are too slippery on their own).

View attachment 143339
Me too. I never use ours because I hate the remote, and so I've never really gotten comfortable with the interface. I almost bought a new remote a while back, but never pulled the trigger. Maybe now I will.

HelloNNNewman

Administrator
Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Me too. I never use ours because I hate the remote, and so I've never really gotten comfortable with the interface. I almost bought a new remote a while back, but never pulled the trigger. Maybe now I will.

Yeah, I've been a big Roku user for years, but have come to prefer the Apple TV device in my living room over the Roku. The interface is smooth and looks great... and now the new remote built the touch trackpad in the middle of the 4-way button circle on the top. Much better design.. plus an actual "back" button that was missing from the original. You can pick up the series 2 remote for a few bucks less too - I went for the series 3 because it offers a USB-C charging port version.

me just saying

May 17, 2020
Visit site
My latest toy. Got it yesterday. Spent hours getting it setup and still going to take more time. Even though most settings and all of my apps copied over, they still needed maintenance since the launcher I used did not copy over nor did the icons. One thing for sure, glad to have a built in s-pen again.

forum.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05