Post pictures of your latest purchase

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Due to my own clumsiness, I have been forced to retire my Surface Duo 2. 😭

I broke the plastic around the USB port. It still charges fine but the plastic is sharp and stabby. I tried to whittle it down but that didn't help. So before it gets worse, I decided to do what I said I would never do again and get a regular ass candybar phone.

IMG_20241006_101802855_HDR.jpg

Samsung Galaxy S24 FE. Nothing fancy, just an overall nice phone. I couldn't justify buying another large foldable, especially not at current prices.

Best Buy was also offering a $100 gift card so I took advantage of their sale and used the gift card to replace my Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 Classic with a Galaxy Watch 6.

20241006_200954.jpg

Last edited:

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Due to my own clumsiness, I have been forced to retire my Surface Duo 2. 😭

I broke the plastic around the USB port. It still charges fine but the plastic is sharp and stabby. I tried to whittle it down but that didn't help. So before it gets worse, I decided to do what I said I would never do again and get a regular ass candybar phone.

View attachment 144169

Samsung Galaxy S24 FE. Nothing fancy, just an overall nice phone. I couldn't justify buying another large foldable, especially not at current prices.

Best Buy was also offering a $100 gift card so I took advantage of their sale and used the gift card to replace my Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 Classic with a Galaxy Watch 6.

View attachment 144170
Great minds think alike. I bought an S24 FE but on Amazon. They also threw in a $100 Amazon gift card.

Pic in its wallet case:

S24 FE (front).jpg

S24 FE in case (back).jpg

It's replacing my S20 FE 5G or will after I install a few aps that did not transfer via the automated process which blew my mind with how much it did transfer. I also have to research if I want to install Samsung Messages to replace Google Messages. I've been using Samsung Messages on my 20 FE. Not a fan or Google stuff.

Stranger than strange, I also ordered a Galaxy Watch 6 yesterday (Prime Day). Unfortunately, delivery is estimated between Nov 3rd and 30th. :(

Did you already change bands? That looks different than pictures of the one I ordered:

Galaxy Watch 6.jpg

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I should have known better than buy an LED light fixture that did not have replaceable bulbs. Years later they were so dim guests had to wear miner's helmets to use the bathroom.

Finally broke down and replaced it with a Prime day sale fixture. I had searched for 5-6 light modern chrome fixtures days before and waited to see if on sale for Prime day. It was. But curiously and alarmingly, on Prime day there were more than 5 times as many fixtures that matched that search. Obviously, products listed just for Prime day making their quality questionable and value even more questionable.

The one I ordered turned out to be of outstanding quality other than skimping on four provided drywall anchors which they also did not specify the drill size if you decide to use them.

After almost giving up on a way to install the 4 foot long fixture myself when both hands would be tied up twisting on wire nuts and no extra hands to hold the fixture, Susan saved the day with a 47" stack of the right combination of empty boxes narrow enough I could stand just a few inches from where said wire nuts would be twisted. My best idea was temporarily crazy gluing the fixture to my chest.

Now any guests would need to wear sunglasses (and sunblock?) until the dimmer switches arrive next Thursday. 4,800 Lumens until then.

20241012_065637 cropped and resized.jpg
20241012_032525 cropped and resized.jpg

Still LED but replaceable bulbs. 60W equivalent, dimmable, with slide switches to select between 5 temperatures (6500K in pics). Only $9.xx for box of 6 at Costco!

Installing reminded me why I love flat chrome surfaces when I looked at faucets in the bathroom. Flat chrome gives an illusion of transparency.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobaFett