Power button issues

Daniel936

Jul 6, 2015
Visit site
Hello
I've got a problem with windows pone 8.1 lumia 635 512mb. After some time power button stopped working, but if i hold it for 10 seconds, phone will automatically restart so physical button isnt damaged. When phone reboot, action center and toggles behave messy, like i cant switch off/on some of the toggles, also i cant lock/unlock the phone. When the screen is on and i hold the power button and slide down to turn it off, phone will restart. It strange issue and I had replaced phone for new but it didnt help. Any suggestions?

There is no problem when i install windows 10 mobile preview, but then brigtness of the screen acts weird, sometimes its lighter, sometimes its turns darker by itself, is there any solution for this? I did a reset - compilation 10586.456

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hello
I've got a problem with windows pone 8.1 lumia 635 512mb. After some time power button stopped working, but if i hold it for 10 seconds, phone will automatically restart so physical button isnt damaged. When phone reboot, action center and toggles behave messy, like i cant switch off/on some of the toggles, also i cant lock/unlock the phone. When the screen is on and i hold the power button and slide down to turn it off, phone will restart. It strange issue and I had replaced phone for new but it didnt help. Any suggestions?

There is no problem when i install windows 10 mobile preview, but then brigtness of the screen acts weird, sometimes its lighter, sometimes its turns darker by itself, is there any solution for this? I did a reset - compilation 10586.456

this problem happens with the new phone? And it's the same model?

Are you using a cover/case or something with the phone?

gomezz

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
One workaround may be to use an app to lock the screen. I use One Touch Lockscreen which is the perfect complement to the inbuilt Double Tap to Wake feature. Especially useful when the phone is being held in a car cradle and the physical button is harder to get to because of the cradle arms.

Daniel936

Jul 6, 2015
Visit site
lumia 635 doesnt have double tap to wake, and power buton wont lock or wake up the phone, only pressed restart the phone. After removing battery for 5 minuts when time resets, everything is fine for hour or two, then the problem is back

Leof27

Jul 6, 2016
Visit site
Originally posted by Daniel936
Hello

As you say, maybe can be a software problem, but in this case I made cellphones repair and sometimes physics buttons can get into problems, first try using Windows Device Recovery Tool and if problems persist, check you device via hardware. Btw somes lumias 635 have that issue. With screen light, as I do have.
Cheers

Daniel936

Jul 6, 2015
Visit site
tried wdrt on my old 635 and on my replaced 635, problem remains. doubt it that it has something to do with physical button, because first lumia was free of this problem for over a year and a replaced one started acting like this after 2-3 weeks. Staying on windows 10 mobile helps but this system lags a bit on this device

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nehalwadehra