Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
if you are using a case and want qi then this seems like a good solution
its also way cheaper than the PMA method

amzer case + qi coil = $15
qi pad = $20

as opposed to a $50 pma case which is a total joke
and then however much it costs to get a pma charging pad

EDIT: AT&T is selling the Nokia DT-900 for 50% off!!!

Last edited:

darth_furious

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
So I've had some success getting a qi adapter to work, but some soldering/wiring is required. I used the galaxy 3 adapter to do this.

Here's what I have:
-The left most pin (back facing you upright) is ground
-The center triggers "charging" with 5v
-The third is a unknown

I say "charging" because I haven't seen any increase in %, but the phone shows the icon for it. As for the third dot, it can be 1 of 4 possibilities, 1: no connection 2: battery temperature 3: the actual 5v input (pin 2 could just be an enable pin) 4: some other serial communication.

How long did you leave it charging? I know it can take a while with these huge batteries. I would imagine 5 minutes would show at least 1% increase. The international Qi only has 2 contacts so I think that third one is a PMA communication pin

lumianut

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

pvcleave

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I really hate PMA. Having used both, Qi is quieter, smaller cases, more choices for chargers and stands. I have not been able to find a stand for PMA. I think the charging spot on PMA is much smaller than QI, so It needs magnets to help get it to the right spot. I also find the charging noise very annoying and people at work have commented on it being annoying.

anon(8977867)

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
Why on earth Nokia/MS haven't yet released a QI wireless charging shell / flip cover for the Lumia 1520 is beyond me. I emailed Stephen Elop asking about this yesterday!! MS gotta sort this lack of product support out if they want to hit the big time with WP!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital