Question about a 4G USB Data Stick...Can I share to home PC's via a router (Non USB)

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Just curious if I can share a USB Data stick through my home PC ( Windows 7 ) to a Wireless Router that can then allow a Tablet and another pc to connect??

Now I know I can share my internet connection from a PC to a game console via Ethernet cable....and I could also just buy a Wireless router that can auto share a USB data stick ($99 at Future Shop)......

However I have gear here and would like to use it without having to buy more gear.

So basically I would like to pull the internet in via the USB, then share it out from my Ethernet card to a Router.......is this even something that can be done? Would I need a Degree in IT to set it up or can an average person, like me, set this up????

Just thought I would ask......but I could always just move the stick as needed.

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Interesting. Similar to how you share your internet to your via the Ethernet cable, allow the internet to be shared via the wireless, too. On the tablet, configure the default gateway to be the PC's wireless ip, or just disable DHCP server on the router LAN and let the PC supply the IP. See if that works.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa