Question: Ringtones and Notifications

Stephen Pedersen

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm a little confused. In the settings one can only change the main "ringtone" and "reminders".
Reminders are only for calendar events, right?
To change stuff like message ringtones and new email ringtone am I suppose to go into notifications?
Stupid questions I know. Thanks for any help in advance. :)

HDRules

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
Scroll down past "reminders" and click on "manage apps". This shows you individual apps. Click on an app and then you can customize the notification tone for it.

L Beezy

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Not a stupid question at all. 8.1 comes with a lot of changes and moved settings. HDRules has it right on the money....that's where the notification sound settings are. They can be set for individual apps now too as well I think.

Stephen Pedersen

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Okay Im still a little confused. Here is another question. In "Ringtones and Sounds" I changed by phone ringtone to "Hail to the Chief". When I go to "manage App", and then to the phone icon, it says phone notification is "default". What's up with that? Why the two different settings for what seem likes the same function?

mariusfilip

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Okay Im still a little confused. Here is another question. In "Ringtones and Sounds" I changed by phone ringtone to "Hail to the Chief". When I go to "manage App", and then to the phone icon, it says phone notification is "default". What's up with that? Why the two different settings for what seem likes the same function?
when you set the ringer tone,you always set it in the main sounds panel,whereas in the notification it appears as default because you already selected,i became aware of this too,it's the same thing....and i think that in the secondary(manage App) is made to have a choice to change your notfication sounds for every app,if is says 'default' for example in FB app,you will be getting the defalut app sound....Bottom is that default for ringing inside the App manager is set by you in the main sound settings panel....and default for the apps is the sound that the developer of the app has put :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte