Quick Charge 2.0 on Lumia 950 xl?

Geekeric

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
Hi Guys

I did a lot of search, but can't get confirmed answer.

Does the Lumia 950 XL support Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0 or just like google, they use the 5V/3A 15W fast charging?

Microsoft don't mention the quick charge in their product description, (yes, they use the fast charging instead of quick charge, we all know qualcomm registered the "quick charge" ,) google has confirmed, the new nexus don't support quick charge 2.0, So i wonder, how about in the new Lumia smartphone?

Anyone can confirm ?

Thanks in advance!

Geekeric

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for your reply. But how can you confirm this information?

Look google's new nexus, they drop the quick charge 2.0 support, and use the 5V/3A technology. all of my quick charge 2.0 accessories are useless if i go for the new nexus, it sucks.

If Microsoft kind to keep the quick charge 2.0, then all of my power bank, chargers can work without problem.

As far as i know, there is only Xiaomi mi 4c and LeTV smartphone support type c and quick charge 2.0.

i don't see any other big brand to use that. so i am really curious.

I am guessing, the 5V/3A solution is cheaper than the quick charge 2.0 since they don't need to pay the license to qualcomm.

We should be clearly, even the phone use the Qualcomm 810 CPU, it don't means it support quick charge 2.0 native. check Oneplus 2 or new nexus.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Good question. So far the only mention of charging has been that it has "fast charging", but no mention if QC is supported. If I had to guess, I would guess that it's not. I'd prefer that it was, since then I could finally make use of my QC2.0 adapter (bought it to see if my Icon supported it, which it turns out it didn't). But I wouldn't be surprised if, like Google, Microsoft had to cut corners to bring the cost down to a minimum and thus skipped QC in favor of the built-in USB-C spec only.

o4komodo

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
From what I understand it goes from 10-50% in half an hour in the 'fast charging' or 'quick charging' mode---and only when it's in critically low state.

Lucas Fogolin

Dec 12, 2016
Visit site
Hi everyone, hope I'm not too late to this.

I too was looking into it 'cause I wanted a power bank that supported fast charging for my lumia 950 and, given the Qualcomm 808 processor it has, should be compatible with QC 2. After searching a lot a found out this article by Steve Litchfield in which he does some testing and found out that the native fast charging capability of the USB-C is better than the QC 2, and the lumia 950 is not compatible with QC, althought it will take advantage of it:
Having said that the Lumias aren't Quick Charge 2.0-compatible, if it's a choice between such a charger and a generic phone power source, you're probably still better off using the QC 2.0 one, since it can still deliver 2.4A at 5V.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077