Remove a single website from address bar history / autocomplete?

Dewg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
In Chrome you can start typing a website and when the autocomplete comes up, press SHIFT-DEL to remove it. In Internet Explorer, you can just click on the black X in the autocomplete list that comes up.

In Edge - how do I remove a single site from history/autocomplete? For example. I typed in the wrong website www.facebok.com. Now, when I start typing "facebook" in Edge, it autocompletes to the wrong one "facebok" instead. I'd like to just remove the incorrect one from the list.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
In Chrome you can start typing a website and when the autocomplete comes up, press SHIFT-DEL to remove it. In Internet Explorer, you can just click on the black X in the autocomplete list that comes up.

In Edge - how do I remove a single site from history/autocomplete? For example. I typed in the wrong website www.facebok.com. Now, when I start typing "facebook" in Edge, it autocompletes to the wrong one "facebok" instead. I'd like to just remove the incorrect one from the list.

procedure is a bit longer but it works - open edge, go to the hub where reading lists, downloads and history are. Open the history tab - it shows the sites you've visited. Right click the site you want and delete all visits to that site

Dewg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
procedure is a bit longer but it works - open edge, go to the hub where reading lists, downloads and history are. Open the history tab - it shows the sites you've visited. Right click the site you want and delete all visits to that site

Thanks Chintan - that seems to work for some sites. I tested it with a new site and it did indeed remove it. However, it didn't work for some older sites. I'll have to keep playing with it.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Thanks Chintan - that seems to work for some sites. I tested it with a new site and it did indeed remove it. However, it didn't work for some older sites. I'll have to keep playing with it.

the older sites might be near the bottom of the list - or visit that site again so it comes to the top and then delete

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes