Replaced the digitizer, but no touch at all now

rivman05

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Morning folks. I love my 620, on Halloween my son was playing with it while on our flight to Anchorage. He dropped it and it fell on the seat bracket in front of him. I didn't think anything of it, bought another digitizer, and replaced it here about 20 minutes ago. Easy, extremely well built and planned out phone. Now tho I have no touch functionality at all. Any ideas as to what to do now? I don't think I broke the digitizer cable but its possible. Any help, ideas or suggestions would be very welcomed.

djblitz

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
if you have amber you would need to reinstall the previous firmware....amber is not compatible with third party digitizers :(

rivman05

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Ok, I can try that, what if I dont have the older firmware on hand? Anyone know a good place to buy true nokia digitizers then?

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
if you have amber you would need to reinstall the previous firmware....amber is not compatible with third party digitizers :(

Do you have a source for this? I haven't heard any such thing. I recently replaced the digitizer on my daughter's L620 (running Amber) and it works fine. It's possible I got a genuine Nokia digitizer, but I just ordered one on eBay. I didn't notice that it particularly said 'Genuine Nokia' in the description - I'd expect genuine ones to be more expensive than what I paid.

rivman05

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I paid 50 bucks for one, and it still doesn't work. Been scouring the web to see if I can find an older firmware. I really like this phone and hate my iphone. Would love some help on this. I found a few older firmwares, but how in the world do you downgrade it? I have tried NCS and so far its not helping at all. It wants the newest, and wont let me choose one. I hate my iphone.

Last edited:

rivman05

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I sent my phone in last week. It came back as being water damaged and I would need to replace it. Ill be getting a 520 as at this point I cant shell out the cash for a 620.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb