[#SaveXboxWP] Asphalt 8 is NOT an Xbox Title: Let's Mobilize to Reverse the Trend.

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
On 14 May 2015, Paul reported that Gameloft will be updating several of their Windows Phone games with Xbox Live integration, which is good news since they have since released six straight non-Xbox games on WP since returning to Xbox WP development.

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
On 20 May 2015, John reported that Microsoft will release Age of Empires: Castle Siege on enemy platform iOS, thereby ending it's Windows exclusivity. Even more damning, though, is that they're releasing it with Xbox integration, a myopic move that undermines Windows Phone and the Xbox brand. If I were in charge of Microsoft, someone would've just gotten fired.

On 20 May 2015, Gameloft released puzzle game Ice Age Avalanche for Windows Phone but without Xbox integration. This is their seventh straight non-Xbox game for Windows Phone since returning to Xbox development on Windows Phone.

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
On 20 May 2015, MiniClip released their fourth-straight non-Xbox game for Windows Phone, Beast Quest. Instead, I'd recommend trying out some of their Xbox games instead: Gravity Guy, Fragger, Monster Island, etc.

On 25 May 2015, suddenly more consistent supporter of Xbox gaming on WP, Square Enix, released an Xbox-enabled endless runner featuring Lara Croft of Tomb Raider fame, Lara Croft: Relic Run. The game is free to download, so be sure to check it out if you liked Temple Run 2.

On 25 May 2015, bastions of mobile Xbox gaming, Game Troopers, released their fourth Xbox-enabled WP game, Monster Go! This side-scrolling endless runner is free and is also coming to Windows 8.1. It's also a timed exclusive, not yet available on other mobile operating systems.

Last edited:

James Jiao

May 23, 2014
Visit site
On 25 May 2015, suddenly more consistent supporter of Xbox gaming on WP, Square Enix, released an Xbox-enabled endless runner featuring Lara Croft of Tomb Raider fame. The game is free to download, so be sure to check it out if you liked Temple Run 2.

Yeah, that Lara Croft game was quite a nice surprise actually :).

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
On 3 June 2015, bastions of mobile Xbox gaming, Game Troopers, released their fifth Xbox-enabled WP game, What in the World?. They also confirmed that long-ago announced Abyss is still in development and coming soon!

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
On 17 June 2015, bastions of mobile Xbox gaming, Game Troopers, released their sixth Xbox-enabled WP game, the innovative puzzle game Lines. Be sure to check it out, along with all their other great mobile Xbox games!

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
On 24 June 2015, Gameloft updated previously non-Xbox gameDungeon Hunter 5 with Xbox achievements! This nullifies UPDATE 72 above.

Dampening the good news above, Gameloft today also released fantasy raiding game Siegefall for Windows Phone but without Xbox integration. This is their eighth total non-Xbox game for Windows Phone since returning to Xbox development on Windows Phone; however, the pace at which they have been updating non-Xbox games with Xbox integration is seemingly quickening.

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
On 10 July 2015, ardent supporters of mobile Xbox gaming, Game Troopers, released their seventh Xbox-enabled WP game, the sequel to one of their most popular games,Tiny Troopers 2. Be sure to thank them on Twitter (@gametrooperswp)!

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft has announced that Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition will have Xbox achievements! This is doubly good news because the Windows 10 Edition code is based on the Pocket Edition of the game, which, as we all know, currently does not have Xbox Live integration (boo!). So, this bodes well for the future likelihood of Pocket Edition of Minecraft on Windows Phone also getting Xbox achievements. Fingers crossed!

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
On 28 July 2015, our favorite developers, Game Troopers, released their eighth Xbox-enabled WP game: Abyss. Even better: Game Troopers on Twitter confirmed that this will be a universal purchase when the Windows 8 version launches later on, so don't hesitate to buy it now on Windows Phone: you'll get both later.

Last edited:

Usama Jawad96

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
Even though I'm happy that Game Troopers have finally released Xbox-branded Abyss, am I the only one who finds the controls way too difficult? Just can't seem to get the hang of swipe to rotate :/

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Even though I'm happy that Game Troopers have finally released Xbox-branded Abyss, am I the only one who finds the controls way too difficult? Just can't seem to get the hang of swipe to rotate :/

I'll let you know in a few days what I think about the controls. I have a really busy week this week so I haven't had a chance to play it yet :(
But I will soon!

Edit: By the way, Game Troopers confirmed on Twitter that Abyss will be a universal purchase, so you will get it on Windows 8 too when that version launches.

Last edited:

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
On 4 August 2015, the greatest mobile Xbox game developers ever created, Game Troopers, released their ninth Xbox-enabled WP game: Twins. The game is free with the option to pay to remove ads.

phstratton

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte