Scrambled/Glitchy Lock Screen Text

PimpBot5001

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed for a few months that when I unlock my phone (after it's been idle) the text on the lock screen is typically scrambled. (The text I'm referring to is the date, time notification icons and/or the password screen keypad). Sometimes it's slightly distorted and other times it's unreadable.

I only had a handful of MB space on my phone, so I deleted a few apps and now I have over 200MB free space. That's seems to have reduced the problem, but it still happens about every second time the lock screen displays.

Have any of you encountered this problem, or know what can be done to fix it?

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Hmm weird I haven't experienced such an issue on my 8X, have you tried a hard reset? That might be something hardware related. Also try to post a screenshot of it if you can.

PimpBot5001

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
The attached screen shots illustrate the problem.

I have tried powering off and restarting the phone...but I haven't reset it to factory settings.

I noticed that after deleting most of my apps/games (as outlined in my orignal post) that the problem mostly went away after several days. I'm thinking that maybe this is a file fragmentation problem...and that after clearing some space, a defrag process ran over the next couple days?

Attachments

• image1.png
    image1.png
    479 KB · Views: 4
  • image2.png
    image2.png
    252.3 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I had this problem on my nl720, couldn't understand the reason. After updating to gdr2, it showed up less, now on gdr3 I didn't see it yet. If you search my older posts you might see some screenshots I uploaded check if its the same case.

PimpBot5001

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. However, I don't have Skype installed so my problem must have a different cause.
I finally broke down and did a reset to factory settings...which of course turned out to be a huge mistake. Not only did it NOT fix the problem, but I discovered that you can't restore a Backup unless you have a data plan (wifi doesn't cut it). It would have been nice if Microsoft had included that important detail in their documentation...just sayin'...

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster