Share your W10M Start Screens and Backgrounds!

ramyZgHR

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
You can say mine was kind of practical and cluttered. That screenshot was taken when I first set up my phone and before I had to reformat the first time. I never got a chance to really enjoy my phone or experiment much with my start screen, before Creator's Update trashed my phone. So sad. Now on Android and loving it but miss my live tiles.
View attachment 136510
Why is your phone trashed? What happened?

Sent from mTalk on my Lumia 950

lefigo

Jan 4, 2017
Visit site
My Idol 4s worked fantastic up until Creator's Update. After that it was a nightmare. Constant freezing, delays, reformat, tried every build and every time there was an update it only got worse. After a couple of emergencies and embarassments, I could not take it any longer. Basically, Microsoft trashed my awesome phone!

MOHAMMED GHAZEY

Nov 4, 2016
Visit site
This is my screen, It took me along time to create it like what I want it to be, I import background from windows site but I customize it like this and I love it very much.....
What do you think about it, It need any editing....Please give me your feedback??
Thank you.

Attachments

• wp_ss_20170709_0001.jpg
    wp_ss_20170709_0001.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

faisalbaba

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
This is my screen, It took me along time to create it like what I want it to be, I import background from windows site but I customize it like this and I love it very much.....
What do you think about it, It need any editing....Please give me your feedback??
Thank you.
Quran apps is it windows 10 apps or windows Phone 8.1apps

Sent from (iOK)

Rugish Dapeca

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
Thank you.

First and foremost, as long as you "love it very much", no amount of input from other users as to what to change really should matter. If the layout and look is what you like, then stick with it. That's the beauty of the UI, in that you can make it look just the way you want it to.

Now, as to my personal opinion on the layout: I think there are a few tiles which are not transparent that could possibly be moved to better align themselves with the background. But since I don't know what criteria you used to group icons together, I'm not sure it would make sense to move them.

For example, the first icon in the third row has a green background and is in a blue section, while the last icon in the seventh row (B612) has a blue background in a green section. Swapping them may make the appearance a little better, but as to the functionality of those apps, it may not make sense to move them away from similar apps.

Whereas, just swapping the positions of the "line" and "g" apps (Sorry, I don't know the actual app names) on the fifth line would still keep them grouped together, but make their backgrounds more closely match the underlying background colors.

In the end, it all comes back to my first statement: If you like it, then don't change a thing.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Hi @CMage, what @ramyZgHR said...100% Transparency:

Settings > Personalization > Start > Title transparency > slide to 100%. All tiles that can be translucent, will become transparent.

Then I just moved the icons where I wanted them, no need to insert empty tiles... just arrange your tiles, and they will stay in place when you set the page (exiting the tile arrange mode by tapping anywhere on the screen a tile is not).

faisalbaba

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
9Jh4EXe.jpg

Sent from (iOK)

celticmagick

May 23, 2015
Visit site
I think I finally found a wallpaper I can settle on. I like to keep my desktop and phone matching so this is also on my home and work desktops. Here's my current phone set up

wp_ss_20170728_0001.png
wp_ss_20170728_0002.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babra4151