"Ship BY 11/13" VZW 8X confusion

ut_jd

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
darn... sorry to hear. Soon enough you'll have your phone.

Yeah, I'm fine with waiting until Monday if it does in fact ship. My concern is all the problems I've had along the way, like my initial order error and subsequent cancellation, and that I've never received that "appology" email or anything like that.

Agpe17

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I also didn't say but I ended up getting the black 8x. VERY happy I did...I think the blue would have had some novelty, but then would've worn off!

hecjc

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Congratulations to all who got the phone, I hope you guys enjoy it very much. I called Verizon customer service to see if I could get more info on new shipping date. The lady put me on hold for a while and when she returned she ask me what color y had ordered. When I said blue she told me that the shipping date is Nov-19, it could ship before but they can't tell for sure. Well I hope that date is firm and it doesn't turn into another disappointment. I ordered mine on Nov-9 around 8 pm. I will try to be patient since I don't have a choice now.

SwearWord

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
This is a conspiracy. WPCentral paid Verizon to delay the preorders so everyone would make accounts here to complain and their monthly active user count goes up.

Dezolis

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Odd I just checked my status and I have a tracking number with a ship date of 11/14 which is odd because i just spoke to a rep that said I was still in the processing stage. Also the number doesn't work on the Fed Ex site.

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
11/9 Order 8X Black shipped

Credit card charge posted, fedex track email. Fedex shows Monday 4:30 PM delivery with INDIRECT SIGNATURE required, see below:

If your package was shipped with the Indirect Signature Release option, you may leave a signed and dated handwritten note on the door instructing the driver to leave the package at your door.

VinceCL

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
The first one was picked up @ 11:20am (Droid 4?)
The second one was picked up @ 5:16pm (HTC?)

Tracking states both will be delivered before 7:00pm on Monday, the 19th.

corn_chowder

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
So I had to jump through some hoops but finally was able to get my black 8x in store last night!

I preordered on Monday, rep told me it would ship Tuesday - yesterday I called customer service and had them put a ticket in to cancel my original order as I wanted to just pick it up in store...luckily I had 2 lines available for early upgrade, as I was told mu upgrade eligibility on the original line would not change back until 24 hrs after cancellation.

After using another line to upgrade, I got a shipment notification for my preorder 😒 but I suppose I just refuse delivery when it comes so I can get my refund for that order.

Good luck to all still waiting! 8x is an amazing device. Battery life is meh, I charged to 100% last night at about 1130, its 630am now and I have about 50%. Granted, I have been fiddling with it for about an hour and a half.

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
So I had to jump through some hoops but finally was able to get my black 8x in store last night!

I preordered on Monday, rep told me it would ship Tuesday - yesterday I called customer service and had them put a ticket in to cancel my original order as I wanted to just pick it up in store...luckily I had 2 lines available for early upgrade, as I was told mu upgrade eligibility on the original line would not change back until 24 hrs after cancellation.

After using another line to upgrade, I got a shipment notification for my preorder 😒 but I suppose I just refuse delivery when it comes so I can get my refund for that order.

Good luck to all still waiting! 8x is an amazing device. Battery life is meh, I charged to 100% last night at about 1130, its 630am now and I have about 50%. Granted, I have been fiddling with it for about an hour and a half.
Wow . That is just the opposite I was told when I canceled my preorder. She said the upgrade option was reversed immediately so that when I got to the store I could do it there. And I did. Writing this on my new black 8x. :). Love it.

nmercy

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm really liking the 8x so far, can really tell a difference over my Droid X... now dealing with Verizon on the other hand not so much. After delay and then no follow up information, not even the apology email, about the only thing I could tell was that my credit card had been charged, but hadn't shipped yet. Went to the store on the off chance they had one, which they did. Spent about a half hour trying to cancel the order at which point I decided to go ahead and get the phone since I was paying for it outright to keep my unlimited data. Tried to cancel the preorder at home, but forgot the special billing number they had so couldn't even talk to a service rep, went back to the store to get the number and while waiting received the email that it had shipped... 4 hours earlier.

If I had received the email earlier would have waited till Monday, but since before that it was unknown if it would even get here next week I feel good about the decision and will just return the preordered one when it comes in.

I will say that I will never preorder anything again with Verizon as it was just a horrible nightmare... You should always have your preorders taken care of before the store shipments, if they could get them to the store on launch day there's no reason, especially after promising a shipping date, that it couldn't be on my front door the same day.

jkarasch

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm really liking the 8x so far, can really tell a difference over my Droid X... now dealing with Verizon on the other hand not so much. After delay and then no follow up information, not even the apology email, about the only thing I could tell was that my credit card had been charged, but hadn't shipped yet. Went to the store on the off chance they had one, which they did. Spent about a half hour trying to cancel the order at which point I decided to go ahead and get the phone since I was paying for it outright to keep my unlimited data. Tried to cancel the preorder at home, but forgot the special billing number they had so couldn't even talk to a service rep, went back to the store to get the number and while waiting received the email that it had shipped... 4 hours earlier.

If I had received the email earlier would have waited till Monday, but since before that it was unknown if it would even get here next week I feel good about the decision and will just return the preordered one when it comes in.

I will say that I will never preorder anything again with Verizon as it was just a horrible nightmare... You should always have your preorders taken care of before the store shipments, if they could get them to the store on launch day there's no reason, especially after promising a shipping date, that it couldn't be on my front door the same day.

I completely agree with you. I also got the tracking number last night that it's scheduled for Monday. I didn't appreciate that I could drive 1 block from my work and buy one yesterday if I wouldn't have put that pre-order in.

VinceCL

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
So now I'm beginning to wonder why all of this happened. Was it really HTC that goofed or Verizon. I'm thinking that the response to the pre-order caught Verizon by surprise. So much so they began to wonder if they reserved enough stock to supply the stores, having underestimated demand overall. They create this issue, supplier delay, so that they can rearrange stock to have a bit more at the store level so they wouldn't be in the news having too few phones to fill the demand. Having ordered too few phones to begin with, they probably didn't have enough to fill all of the pre-orders, so this artificial crisis gave them some more time to have HTC get a few more to them, and someone for Verizon to blame.

Wow, I must be paranoid this morning, lol. Might need a little more sleep :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo