Size DOES Matter.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
As a side note, you'd be surprised by the fact that more girls than guys have huge phones where I live.

Largely because they end up stuffing it in a purse rather than their pocket.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
As a side note, you'd be surprised by the fact that more girls than guys have huge phones where I live.

Not surprised at all.

Like you said, they have purses to put it in.

I remember when I saw my tiny skinny 4'10" Asian coworker pull out her Galaxy Note. I was like, "Whoa."

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

When my Wife was looking at the Samsung Mega 6.3 about 2 months ago, the AT&T sales rep said she had sold only a couple to men, the rest to women. No doubt it was due to how devices are carried.

Old_Cus

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Funny that when this phone was released all you heard about was the size...."it's too big.....it's a beast......it's too extreme". It seems to me as time passes I'm hearing less about the size and more about how awesome this phone is. I will keep saying that a six inch phone isn't for everyone but damn, this phone rocks!

Kissanviikset

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
It is quite funny how my old 920 feels like brick on hand compared to 1520 that feels like feather:shocked: It is like gravity is pulling harder when you hold 920 and it wants to drill through your hand.

4look4rd

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
I don't see the point of the 1520 without having phablet specific features like a stylus and multi-tasking. You could probably run full blown W8.1 on this thing (as long as you used only metro apps). Nokia and MS dropped the ball.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I don't see the point of the 1520 without having phablet specific features like a stylus and multi-tasking. You could probably run full blown W8.1 on this thing (as long as you used only metro apps). Nokia and MS dropped the ball.

The screen alone makes it worth it for many. It's pretty sweet.

jeetu4444

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Iam still confused....I own lumia 1020 and note 2.....now I have to decide shld I change my note 2 with L 1520....I feel having 2 fones with diff OS makes sense...lets see wen its launched in my country

Flavio76

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Can you find in US the international version with wireless charger?

Been looking online but I can't find, please someone can help me on this?

zwuncki

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
One thing that really is a problem at the moment. As beautiful as the start screen is with it's 3 rows live tiles, Size should matter in apps too. And there's not a single 3rd party app which takes advantage of the resolution and display size. Ok it's way too early for developers to adopt the new hardware but I hope they will do it soon because at the moment everything besides the tiles is just way too big (not talking about the hardware but software).

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
One thing that really is a problem at the moment. As beautiful as the start screen is with it's 3 rows live tiles, Size should matter in apps too. And there's not a single 3rd party app which takes advantage of the resolution and display size. Ok it's way too early for developers to adopt the new hardware but I hope they will do it soon because at the moment everything besides the tiles is just way too big (not talking about the hardware but software).

With only one phone at this size, I don't expect devs to be diverting too many resources to create specialized support.

The main advantages are when viewing media or websites.

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
With only one phone at this size, I don't expect devs to be diverting too many resources to create specialized support.

The main advantages are when viewing media or websites.

It's not just size...it is also resolution. When they update for the higher resolution we'll likely see this issue go away.

I'm hoping it is soon since there's a few apps where the lower resolution is actually noticeable on the 1080p screen.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)