Sky drive is just Pie In The Sky for office apps!

Chris J1

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
I love WP8. I'm generally an MS fan because they tend to deliver professional software for professional users. Office on WP8 is great but there's one massive, huge, immense, even gargantuan issue I have. Why oh why can't I copy a doc/presentation/workbook to my phone direct to my SD Card and have it seen by Office? I have a 45Mb pptx file which I copied to my SD and expected to be able to open it in Powerpoint. Office Hub didn't even see it. Uploaded to Skydrive from PC - that part was ok and I can see the file from my WP in Office Hub, but can I download it? No way! Keeps hanging during the download. I'm on my company Wireless connection and I know speed isn't an issue. If I back out of the App it says "download cancelled". Doesn't matter what I do - I can't get it onto my phone.

Anybody have any ideas?

Andygoes

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Well, I'm not sure how helpful my response will be, but I just tried to open a 98MB pptx and it disconnected with just shy of 60MB downloaded. I'm on my home WiFi, so that really shouldn't be a problem.

Edit: I should clarify that I'm on WP7.

Also, since I was able to exceed 45 MB, but still suffered from a disconnect part way through downloading, I think it has something to do with timing out of SkyDrive.

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Good call on timing out settings. Also, you may want to look at that keep wifi alive if it's a WP8 device, if it's 7.5, you have to keep it from going to sleep until it's downloaded.

Andygoes

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
For my part, I sat and watched it time out. 3 tries and they all timed out at different intervals. (~40, ~50, ~60, not in that order)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss