SkyDrive functionality with PC app installed

IamVortigaunt

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Last night I downloaded the SkyDrive PC app (pretty cool). I read that not only will it allow you to get content from SkyDrive, but also with other devices that also have the app. Interestingly, this morning I looked in the Pictures hub on my phone and found that, along with SkyDrive and Facebook albums, I can also access folders of pictures from my home PC. I assume this is part of the new functionality? Can anyone else confirm this is the case. Curious, I checked out the WP7 SkyDrive app itself, as well as the Office hub. Neither of these appear to show files off my home PC. Does anyone have info on how this works?

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Picture albums on your PC are usually loaded when you sync through Zune. Did you change your Zune sync options to all for photos? This would cause all your photo albums to be added to your phone pictures hub.

ubizmo

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
When you set up the PC app, you have the option to make files on your computer available to it. Looks like you chose yes, so that means that the SkyDrive app functions as a window to your PC.

IamVortigaunt

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Picture albums on your PC are usually loaded when you sync through Zune. Did you change your Zune sync options to all for photos? This would cause all your photo albums to be added to your phone pictures hub.

Ah, this is the likely explanation. Thanks. I don't think it's related to the SkyDrive app then.

winphnjunkie

May 9, 2012
Visit site
I've also noticed that SkyDrive app for PC can not work with mulitple users on the same PC. It will work with 1 user. Unless I'm missing something. When I installed the app to my PC I can access it and sign in, but my wife's side of the PC doesn't even have the program installed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05