Smart Dialing & Wireless Charging

nuprotocol

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Hello all,

I'm a recent convert from Android to Windows Phone. I'm a little surprised but extremely excited and enjoying the WP platform. My introduction to smartphones was originally Windows Mobile, but after 6.5, I switched to Android. I really don't have any complaints on WP. There was/is so much hate against the WP OS about apps and various other things. I was able to locate almost every single one of my android apps on WP. I have two questions though.

1. Smart Dialing: coming from HTC phones, I'm used to dialing by number to look up people on the phone app. I did some digging and see that WP doesn't include this feature? What do you all use in it's place?

2. Is wireless charging worth the little but added bulk of the nokia wireless charging case for the 925?

Thanks in advance.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Wireless charging is pretty nice. I am a big fan of it.
I look up the contact in the grid view alphabetically and then click it to dial, it is a bit cumbersome but once you get used to doing the task it isn't that cumbersome. I am a new convert to WP8 as well and don't seem to be bothered by the nuances of WP8 as much.

nuprotocol

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Wireless charging is pretty nice. I am a big fan of it.
I look up the contact in the grid view alphabetically and then click it to dial, it is a bit cumbersome but once you get used to doing the task it isn't that cumbersome. I am a new convert to WP8 as well and don't seem to be bothered by the nuances of WP8 as much.

we're you on android before as well? I'm really liking Windows Phone a lot.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
The 925 is my second WP8 phone, first was a 1020 but I didn't like it much so after a week I changed to the 925 and gave the 1020 to my wife. I love the phone and for my most used contacts I pin them to my home screen. As for the wireless charging yes it is worth it. If you don't want the cover on all the time it's very easy to remove. I only charge my phone every second night anyway.

I also have a Nexus 7 so I use my Nokia charging plate to charge that as well so that's a bonus.

nuprotocol

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
The 925 is my second WP8 phone, first was a 1020 but I didn't like it much so after a week I changed to the 925 and gave the 1020 to my wife. I love the phone and for my most used contacts I pin them to my home screen. As for the wireless charging yes it is worth it. If you don't want the cover on all the time it's very easy to remove. I only charge my phone every second night anyway.

I also have a Nexus 7 so I use my Nokia charging plate to charge that as well so that's a bonus.

Awesome. thanks for the feedback. I'm going to get the wireless charging case today then. I didn't realize it'll be that easy to take on/off. Which color did you get?

akks

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Awesome. thanks for the feedback. I'm going to get the wireless charging case today then. I didn't realize it'll be that easy to take on/off. Which color did you get?

My phone is white so I intended to get a white pad and cover but I ended up getting both white and black pad and covers as well and an extra black pad. I was thinking of getting a red cover but I didn't like the shade of red.

nuprotocol

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
My phone is white so I intended to get a white pad and cover but I ended up getting both white and black pad and covers as well and an extra black pad. I was thinking of getting a red cover but I didn't like the shade of red.

thanks. is there a way to make the email show pictures? also do sounds from apps like KIK have a different sound control volume then click silent for the ringer?

thejaredhuang

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
thanks. is there a way to make the email show pictures? also do sounds from apps like KIK have a different sound control volume then click silent for the ringer?

Unfortunately you have to download the image by tapping on it every time its because of "security reasons"....

The sound ##/30 is the global sound. It affects every app except for in call volume which is ##/10.

nuprotocol

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately you have to download the image by tapping on it every time its because of "security reasons"....

The sound ##/30 is the global sound. It affects every app except for in call volume which is ##/10.

Thank you! I believe that covers all of my questions/issues with Windows Phone. Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb