SMS back up can be viewed online

MrAhmedAziz

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
It works! Thank you!

I think this is a hidden feature because is still a work in progress, probably it will be available soon :smile:

Thanks alot for your support, but i noticed that for 2nd time you try to access that link; the below Page Changing bar will be disappeared, n for viewing it again u have to logout and then re-login

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I can access message history but can't send sms through web browser.

That's right. I really do miss the feature of being able to send and receive SMS from the PC/Nokia suite. It was extremely useful and convenient to be able to do this when your phone is plugged in to your PC for whatever reason at the time

Sent from my GT-I9300 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

MrAhmedAziz

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
U may access first time via posted link, but for easy viewing u may select all Messages and mark them with any Category, this will be helpful in viewing easily also useful for Mobile device.

shahridzad

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
I believe this method no longer works? Tried everything but to no avail.

Also, have a look at this. This was posted by Outlook.com team on 6 August 2013:

space
Dear Outlook.com customer,
We're contacting you because we are making a change to the messaging history feature in Outlook.com.

Whenever you chat using Outlook.com whether it's through Facebook, Google Talk, or Messenger, a copy of your chat is saved in the Messaging history folder. As part of adding Skype to Outlook.com, the Messaging history folder will be removed sometime this fall.

If you don't use Outlook.com to chat, or don't want to keep a copy of your conversations, there's nothing you need to do.

If you want to keep a record of your chats, you'll need to move them to another folder. To move your message history:

In Outlook.com, right-click Folders, and then click Add a new folder.
Enter a name for the folder and press the Enter key.
Click Messaging history, and then click the check box at the very top of your message list.
Click Select everything.
Right-click any message and then click Move.
Select the folder you want to move your messages to, and then click Move.
After the Messaging history folder is removed, a history of your Skype, Google Talk, and Facebook chat sessions can be found in the Messaging pane.

We remain focused on making Outlook.com the best email service available. Thanks for your understanding and patience as we update our services.

space
Sincerely,
The Outlook.com Team
space

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
There's a simpler method:-

Log into outlook.com and then right-click on one of the categories under "Quick views" on the left hand side bar.

When the pop-up menu appears, select "Manage Categories"

On the screen that comes up, tick "Quick View" and "Filter" for the Contacts category.

You'll see "Contacts" appear as a new Quick View.

Hit it, and you should see your SMS messages pop up in there.

Needless to say, you need to have text message backup enabled on your phone for this to work.

Note: This method doesn't seem to work for everyone.

shahridzad

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site

Log into outlook.com and then right-click on one of the categories under "Quick views" on the left hand side bar.

On the screen that comes up, tick "Quick View" and "Filter" for the Contacts category.

Needless to say, you need to have text message backup enabled on your phone for this to work.

That's it! It worked now. Thanks!

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
How about for deleted sms, is it possible to see it in the outlook? pls help, thanx!

No, deleted SMS messages are gone (they're deleted from outlook.com soon after you delete them on the phone. The backup feature is a synchronisation, like email.

Fuzzy John

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

Note: This method doesn't seem to work for everyone.

Didn't work for me. Once I go to the Contacts category I only see associated email. No SMS.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Didn't work for me. Once I go to the Contacts category I only see associated email. No SMS.

Do you have text message backup enabled on your phone? Out of interest, what country are you in? Maybe it only works for certain markets so far.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Interesting, I'm in the UK as well. I've yet to work out why this works for some people and some not.

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the steps Pete, but it doesn't work for me unfortunately and I'm from the UK as well. Quick question, do you see SMS texts from everyone you have sent texts to? If I send my Mum and Dad messages through Family Room for example (and I believe Skype messages), then they show up, but not ordinary SMS to other people, even though I have them in my People (contacts).

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Strange how it works for some and not others then. I wonder if it's got anything to do with transferring my number over onto a new Sim. The Sim I have in is my current Virgin Mobile Sim, but I transferred an O2 number to it a few years back, that's why in the settings and on windowsphone.com, it shows a different number to my actual number. It's showing the Sim cards number (not that I've ever used it), not the number I ported over to it. I wonder if this has anything to do with it. It's only a thought, but that's all I can think of at the moment, as I've always had the SMS Backup turned On.

On windowsphone.com, under 'My Phone', is it showing your correct phone number?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs