SMS messages received from iPhone on 950XL are in Chinese instead of English

Chris Pisano

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
I got them on the 18th, 19th and twice on the 20th and one today. She has an S7 and I have a 950 and my texts don't show up like that on hers. Had send emojis then a minute later was the Chinese text. Gonna see if it's a pattern like that.

xrs22

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
My wife's s7 is doing that with my 950. Trying to determine if it's 3 or more emoji's followed by a long text.

Posted from my boss *** 950

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
What provider you/they on? I think it's 2 or more in general and a lot if text. Did they screen shoot what they wrote?

I'm on AT&T. One friend is on AT&T I believe and the other is on Verizon? I'll need to check. Maybe its time for some research!

Hmm, I did ask and got one screenshot, it was two sentences and two emoji's at the end. I can probably post it later.

thomasOmorrell

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Same thing here. My wife sent text from her 950 to my 950xl and it shows as Chinese on my phone. Both on at&t. So far it has only happened from her sending to me. Everyone else's texts are fine and can't seem to duplicate the problem its just random or so it seems.

bakersmommy

Oct 27, 2016
Visit site
I'm on AT&T. One friend is on AT&T I believe and the other is on Verizon? I'll need to check. Maybe its time for some research!

Hmm, I did ask and got one screenshot, it was two sentences and two emoji's at the end. I can probably post it later.

YES this is crazy. I have an iPhone 6 my sister has a windows phone. Doing he same thing. I finally decided to google this issue & everyone is saying the same thing. Anything with the emojis in it comes across as Chinese. Happened with another friend of mine today but I'm not sure what kind of phone she has. I guess I need to update my phone. Idk but now I know it's not just me

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
hXeXWJX.jpg

Don't comment on the message, this is just one example of what happened. This is a screenshot of my friend's iPhone with the screenshot of my view that I sent to her. If you look you can see the "don't sweat it" up top for orientation.

Cartman

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
I don't believe it is emoji related or even iPhone related as I have also recently received Chinese SMS from Android.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I don't believe it is emoji related or even iPhone related as I have also recently received Chinese SMS from Android.
Don't know for sure.
I've gotten these texts on my Android and Windows Phones, too. It's definitely not OS specific. The only common threads running through all of the occurrences for me is that the sender has included an emoji in the message that gets Chinese-ified and they are all using iPhones. Whatever is going on, It's strange.

Cartman

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
I got a series of non-emoji texts from an Android device that came over as Chinese. Think I read elsewhere that it is a known problem with AT&T and that they are working on it.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I was wondering if it could be an AT&T issue.
Thanks for the info.

I wonder why Chinese???

I'm beginning to believe it's an AT&T issue since AT&T is my carrier and its starting to become the common factor. But we need more data!

Chinese probably since the text glitched and just happened to spew gibberish that the device read as Chinese?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)