So I'm going to be that guy and say....

bruceabbott2

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
..that GDR3 has made my 1020 notably more responsive than before. It's always been snappy but now things just seem to load faster. I'm not generally one to hop on the "OMG IT'S FASTER" wagon but this time, I do see the improvement. Everything just feels quick and more optimized.

Anyone else?

Booston

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Hard to say (928) that's faster for me. Multitasking does seem snappier and I am hoping battery life will be better. 😊

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Updates do have the effect of making phones snappier. Best to wait a couple of weeks and then see if it's still snappy.

milkybuet

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
Actually some OS app load time seems worse to me, I am not exactly sure. But background task management is definitely improved.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I will have to hold off judgment for another month or so, because I did a reset & restore on my Lumia 521 before I updated, so everything has probably been cleaned out and optimized anyway. But it's definitely zippier than before. :)

Dustin Hodges

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Updates do have the effect of making phones snappier. Best to wait a couple of weeks and then see if it's still snappy.

Actually, it depends. OS updates in general don't make things snappier, but improvements and enhancements to the core os, and other general fixes could, in theory, speed up the os due to more efficient programming.

Anyways, my 521 seems snappier and less bogged down, especially when multitasking. And the ability to natively delete temporary files is a great help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss