So who's impressed and who's depressed?

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Maybe you should wait to actually use it before you review it.

This forum doesn't need two Winterfangs. One is too much already.

"and i havent persoanlly got a chance to play with one so i am going off reviews, and most of them are depressing too...

maybe i just need to go to my local verizon store come novemeber and try it out..."

agreed, and thats why i posted this... maybe you should read the entire thread before you comment

larrynj

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Most people don't know what a kernel is, let alone care.

All it really means is that development for multiple platforms will be much much much easier. Same kernel. Same API base.

Theorhetically, anything that you can do with Windows 8 (for ARM), you should be able to do with Windows Phone. That includes it working with existing printers, keyboards, scanners, mice, etc...

Thanks that's me! :) I also have no clue what many things are that are discussed on here. SDK's being one of them.

I do know I'm excited about getting WP8 and a 920. I don't consider it a failed launch because it's easy to estimate how much it's going to cost and when it will be available. To me the launch starts when the phones are available not when they are announced. I can go to work tomorrow and ask 100 people what they thought of WP8 and I would guess 99 of them would look at me like I was from a different planet. There are many cool unique features to WP8 and the 920. How well MS, the hardware manufactures, & carriers sell them. Along with how well they work will determine the success of the launch and wether a year from now those same 100 people know what WP is. Not that a small number of people are pissed off because they don't have a release date.

If I was depressed about anything it would be all the whining and crying in the threads. But I actually find it comical that some adults act like 3 year olds.

Dr_8820

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Your post calling adults 3 year olds because they want to have a discussion is what starts flamewars....if you don't like a thread or a post, why respond?

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Thank you. I'm so tired of the "this is a new OS" crap...it's the same OS, just running a different kernel, which is strange because you couldn't upgrade Winmo 6.5.3 to Windows Phone 7 because it was "different", yet everyone with an HD2 can run it....sounds like MS wants more beta testers for WP9.

Windows 6.5 ran the same kernel as WP7, and HD2's can run it probably because HTC just did the same thing themselves and called it the HD7.

larrynj

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Your post calling adults 3 year olds because they want to have a discussion is what starts flamewars....if you don't like a thread or a post, why respond?

I wasn't referring to this thread. I was happy to learn what a kernel was. :) I don't respond in those threads that aren't discussions but are whining sessions. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Dr_8820

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Windows 6.5 ran the same kernel as WP7, and HD2's can run it probably because HTC just did the same thing themselves and called it the HD7.

That's why I'm not impressed...I own an HD2, got the HD7, which is just an HD2 running WP7...now this 8X is just an HD7 running WP8.

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Yes the start screen with the ability to change the tile size is great. notifications is nice as well. I guess kids corner is ok but I would never give my 4-5 year old my personnel device to play with or drop. now the devices. the best devices is locked into one US carrier that's a fail. the second best device is not going to be sold in the US the ATIVs that is a fail. HTC 8x is nice but just nice not great. And we all know how HTC supports the products they make. they don't just issue a new device hence titian, titian II which I don't understand why they didn't keep that range 4.7. I'm going to pass on this I think I was leaning towards the 8x only because I'm on US T-MO the best info we got on it was yesterday with Daniels big revue on it. I'm going to pass on this round I had wanted something somewhat larger than my HTC HD7 but one isn't coming state side the other is exclusive to the one carrier I would never ever use.

independentvolume

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Color me impressed. Wp7 did more than what I need and wp8 builds on that. Add in all the great phones from Nokia, Samsung, and HTC. I feel we have a winner fellas.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
How did I know Winterfang would end up on the depressed side?

WP8 isn't a new os, but it is an evolution of the WP7 phones most of us here love. There are things missing I would have liked to have seen added, but overall I'm pleased with what's coming out. I've long imagined how awesome my Trophy would be with some of the top android hardware pushing it, now that's going to be a reality. I can't wait for November!

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
That's why I'm not impressed...I own an HD2, got the HD7, which is just an HD2 running WP7...now this 8X is just an HD7 running WP8.

The HD2 and the HD7 I think had the nearly the same hardware (single core Qualcomms), but the 8X runs different hardware (dual core Qualcomm S4). Plus, it's not like Microsoft is going to change the kernel again for WP9, all the hard work is done.

Oh I'm not leaving this forum. Prepare for comparisons, complaining and epic trolling if I end up liking Android.

Prepare to be banned! :p

No lol, I'm jk. You getting the Nexus?

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I was super impressed with WP7. I'm meh on WP8. But it was expected. Did people expect a total overhaul? I don't see any other OS doing a complete overhaul with each update. I just see minor improvements over what currently works. The new feature are cool I guess, but what's important is MS ironing out all the stuff under the hood.

On a scale of 1 to 10, I'll give WP8 a 8.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Yikes, so you gonna think that Nexus FOUR is real ****ty then. Lol.
Yeah, I was getting a cheap unlocked 8S but the Nexus offered to much to pass out. Even if I don't even use Google as a search engine.

So that's why it's called Windows Phone 8. Hopefully by Windows Phone 10 we will get a perfect device lol.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria