So who's impressed and who's depressed?

bauerbach

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm impressed...

Nothing more I could want from them. More features than any other mobile os from where I am sitting...

Apps, sure. But I will live without some time wasting games, or find new different ones. All my Productivity apps are there. That's what's important to me.

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
There really isn't much of a choice. the best WP8 device is locked into one carrier. the middle range device on all the rest. I don't want a watered down device. I could care that Nokia has good apps. there is a lot of good apps in the store. I want a good size with a great screen resolution a device that's fast and responsive .

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Even though I've moved onto iOS, I am impressed in the overhaul Microsoft is doing. They've changed everything to match and look the same and have created an ecosystem that is close to working well together. Yes apps might be lacking, but in its own right, it has great things going for it

Sent from something AMAZING using my pinkie

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Oh I'm not leaving this forum. Prepare for comparisons, complaining and epic trolling if I end up liking Android.

And I hope there's a topic in your honor when you get banned since you know there's no blatant trolling allowed

Sent from something AMAZING using my pinkie

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
the people who want him banned seem to be the first ones to rush in and comment on his threads and reply to his post. Must be some type of fetish. Its easy to block someone. Yet you all keep coming and commenting.

He must give you a boner or something.

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
the people who want him banned seem to be the first ones to rush in and comment on his threads and reply to his post. Must be some type of fetish. Its easy to block someone. Yet you all keep coming and commenting.

And you must be his big brother. Don't worry, no one wants his lunch money.

Gaichuke

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site

We can block people? Please tell me how.

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I have a mixed mixed. I like the new GUI, the added features, the advanced kernal system and multi - tasking. However there are some important features that which I was expecting from WP8 Example

1) Smart Dialing
2) Deleting multiple messages
3) Battery meter
4) Applications cannot be closed directly from task manager. There should have been a close button. For instance in IE one has to keep on going back to original page before closing it.

DizzyMaker#WP

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
i still think there is a lot of opportunity, but a lot of room for improvement yet too... my thinking is that these 1st gen devices will be kinda buggy (more so with third party apps)... needing to be ironed out a little. so by 2nd or 3rd quarter 2013, we should have windows phone 8.5 and a myriad of beautiful devices to chose from...

thats when i will pick up my next

chriscookz

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm impressed and excited to pick up my new Lumia 920, whenever that day finally comes.

so by 2nd or 3rd quarter 2013, we should have windows phone 8.5 and a myriad of beautiful devices to chose from...

thats when i will pick up my next

This is something I don't understand. Not necessarily you in particular Dizzy, but I see people on here all the time who say they bought a 900 and are going to get the 920. Is that an international thing, or are you all just super rich? I get a phone on contract in the US and I'm stuck with it for 2 years. I see no advantage to paying $600+ for a phone off contract if my monthly billing stays the same (~$150/mo with me and wife). How can you all afford to switch phones every 6 months??

And if you CAN afford to switch phones every 6 months, why the heck wait until "the next wave of devices"? You replace your phone every year or 2 anyway, why constantly push your purchase back and back and back? There will ALWAYS be something better 6 months down the road.

I don't get it :straight:

DizzyMaker#WP

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm impressed and excited to pick up my new Lumia 920, whenever that day finally comes.

This is something I don't understand. Not necessarily you in particular Dizzy, but I see people on here all the time who say they bought a 900 and are going to get the 920. Is that an international thing, or are you all just super rich? I get a phone on contract in the US and I'm stuck with it for 2 years. I see no advantage to paying $600+ for a phone off contract if my monthly billing stays the same (~$150/mo with me and wife). How can you all afford to switch phones every 6 months??

And if you CAN afford to switch phones every 6 months, why the heck wait until "the next wave of devices"? You replace your phone every year or 2 anyway, why constantly push your purchase back and back and back? There will ALWAYS be something better 6 months down the road.

I don't get it :straight:

well i dont buy off contract a lot, and if i do, i buy and sell on ebay... so im not out a huge loss... you can also just add a line for 10 bucks a month, and sell your old phone to cover cancellations fees, its usually a wash...

and my whole point of waiting wouldnt be because i want a better phone, there will always be a better phone down the road... it would be to give the OS time to develope a little more, work some bugs out, and grow the app store...