Sooooo, are you going to buy the Surface Laptop or what?

Jeffery Holderness

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, my first impression wasn't that great. I don't think it's innovative enough to warrant an actual purchase. However, I bet once I get one in my hands I'll want one. It's just so freaking beautiful.

Tori Weaver

May 12, 2017
Visit site
I'm definitely interested. Though I'm skepticle on the price, it'll be my entire savings. Luckily my savings is for a new laptop for school in September. I'm just hoping it's worth the price

Tunde Fajimi

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
I think it's a matter of preference really. Dan prefers the clamshell design (as he's said so many times), and some of us love the other form factors. That said, the Surface Laptop is also a solid head turner. I think I would buy one if I could. It is solidly built, attractive, and has good specs.

Originally posted by Al Sacco
Hey everybody.

By now, you probably know all about the Surface Laptop. You know about those tech specs. You know about the four color options — though you may not be able to actually get the device in those different colors. And you know the pricing and availability details. (June 15 is the big day, at least if you live in the U.S.)

So, the big question: Are you actually going to buy one? If so, why? If not, what’s keeping you from pulling the trigger?

I’ll start. I’m definitely interested, but I’m not sure I’m interested enough to buy one at this point. If I was going to buy a new Surface device right now, I think I might still go with the higher-end Surface Book with Performance Base, which is likely “the best convertible available today.”

What say you?

Donald Simard

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
current Surface Pro 3 user - which is standing up to my needs.
I prefer the 2-1 form factor but would consider a 360 model 2-1 like the HP Spectre x360 however I also would like to see 3:2 display.

Ultimately this means riding my SP3 until I see a 3:2 360 2-1 come out (like how all those numbers strung together). If the SP3 craps out and there is no model I am looking for - I will get a SP4 or SP5 if it is out. I know I can use the key cover and meet my needs. I do not know if returning to a traditional display would satisfy me.

NoFlames2

Mar 30, 2015
Visit site
I am happy that Microsoft has filled the Laptop slot with a Surface device. The attention to detail, great specs and premium look have me interested. I have a SP3 and sometimes the floppy keyboard can be annoying. For me the decision would be for the i7 16GB/512GB configuration.

Aden Rossinni

Jul 8, 2016
Visit site
Sure am going to buy it. Love it! - battery life, weight, alcantra keyboard, style/looks, specs, and I want the normal form factor for when I don't want to use the Pro 4. I love that it's touch and pen enabled, and I already have a pen. Love the cobalt blue and won't get it in Australia until that colour is available.

Aden Rossinni

Jul 8, 2016
Visit site
I was the opposite. I hardly cared about the EDU and cloud stuff being discussed but I was massively surprised by the SL and Windows 10S and the entire thing.

falcon304

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
If I needed a traditional laptop, I would 100% get one. Is it the best bang for buck ultrabook on the market? Almost certainly not. However, I find it hard to resist the Surface brand and its build quality. That being said, I still need something to do a lot of writing on with Pen, so I'm sticking with my Pro for now.

milkshakemadness

May 21, 2017
Visit site
I'm gonna wait for the reviews and see how it holds up being upgraded to windows 10 pro, but hopefully I'll buy one (and hopefully they offer the other models in the full range of colours when that time comes)

Brian Embry

Apr 8, 2017
Visit site
I will not buy a Surface Laptop. I am waiting to see where the Surface Book and Pro are headed for. I may just go ahead and buy a Surface Book with Performance Base. I am basically still in the hunt.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheStivo