[SP2] Full refund available within its warranty period if you want...

Great deal

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I contacted customer services and told them that there is a fault, when I use wifi and Bluetooth at the same time then there is a conflict (this is a well known issue) and as the device does not function as advertised (they said get a dongle and I said no way my cheap iPad can do it why cant the SP2 at 3 times the price!!) and sending me any replacement will have a fault as well is pointless what can you do? (I wanted a SP3 but they wouldn't do it) so they said they will escalate it and get a refund - this is with a SP2 that's 7 months old, they didn't question or hesitate with the age of the device, in fact they didn't even ask how old it was.

GL - get a refund and get a SP3!!!

StuBeck

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Wow, thats pretty impressive that they will do that. Probably a UK only thing though, but still good for those there to know!

Great deal

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Wow, thats pretty impressive that they will do that. Probably a UK only thing though, but still good for those there to know!

I don't see any reason at all that this would not work anywhere in the world. If we buy something with a fault and its not fixed and still under warranty and they cant fix it they will have to give you credit or money back. Tech support said it 'may' be fixed with a future update, or not, I said impossible to expect customer to wait for something that may or may not happen especially as products been discontinued. Getting refund was very easy, painless and well worth it.

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
this is definitely a YMMV. I was in Costco the other day and a guy brought in broken sunglasses. sunglasses that he bought 2 years ago. but after arguing, a manager came over and gave him his money back.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Well my unit is defective and I'm going to call them tomorrow. They can give me a new Surface Pro 2 worth the amount I paid for it, a Surface Pro 3, or send me a check. I'm pretty peeved.

I'm thinking that a refund would be best because they are now cheaper than what they were when I purchased mine.

Great deal

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Well my unit is defective and I'm going to call them tomorrow. They can give me a new Surface Pro 2 worth the amount I paid for it, a Surface Pro 3, or send me a check. I'm pretty peeved.

I'm thinking that a refund would be best because they are now cheaper than what they were when I purchased mine.

SP2 has been discontinued so stock is being sent to recycling plants and on to land fills. You will most likely get a refund...add another 100 and get the SP3 :) - If your in the US then pop into a store and they will most likely give you a SP3 replacement there and then.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I've talked to a customer service rep and I was told that my SP2 is a "cosmetic" defect, and that's not covered by my warranty, but they would fix it for the low price of $320. I told her no way in hell is the display bezel glue coming loose and the display coming off the frame is a "cosmetic" defect, and I'm not paying them money to fix a QC problem while my SP2 is still under warranty. She said her manager would be in at noon and she'd give me a ring back.

I'm awaiting their call. [The nearest MS store to me is over 3 hours away.]

Great deal

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I've talked to a customer service rep and I was told that my SP2 is a "cosmetic" defect, and that's not covered by my warranty, but they would fix it for the low price of $320. I told her no way in hell is the display bezel glue coming loose and the display coming off the frame is a "cosmetic" defect, and I'm not paying them money to fix a QC problem while my SP2 is still under warranty. She said her manager would be in at noon and she'd give me a ring back.

I'm awaiting their call. [The nearest MS store to me is over 3 hours away.]

OK then.... do this..... Tell them their is a fault with the Surface Pro 2. You want to use wifi and Bluetooth at the same time (this is a fault in ALL surface Pro 2's and no fix is available) and you cannot as the device is not working as advertised. iPads at a fraction of the price can do it, this cant. What are you going to do about it?

They HAVE to offer you a FULL refund, if not point them to this thread and I will be more than happy to quote consumer law at them.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I think they going to replace it or give me a refund. I've seen hundreds of people complaining on a thread on their support site. If not, I'll use teh wifi/bluetooth fault.
OK then.... do this..... Tell them their is a fault with the Surface Pro 2. You want to use wifi and Bluetooth at the same time (this is a fault in ALL surface Pro 2's and no fix is available) and you cannot as the device is not working as advertised. iPads at a fraction of the price can do it, this cant. What are you going to do about it?

They HAVE to offer you a FULL refund, if not point them to this thread and I will be more than happy to quote consumer law at them.
If they extended my warranty just in case the screen falls off, I'd be good with that. But my current warranty expires in November. And I got make them do something before that happens.

Rick Crew

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Just out of interest what is the conflict between Bluetooth and Wi-Fi? I use a Bluetooth Mouse and Keyboard all the time and it doesn't affect Wi-Fi, or is the conflict something else.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Just some info for people, if taken to Best Buy they will order a new SP2 that will ship to the store within 3 business days. There is no refund or upgrade to SP3 in store unless a manager overrides that.

Great deal

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Just out of interest what is the conflict between Bluetooth and Wi-Fi? I use a Bluetooth Mouse and Keyboard all the time and it doesn't affect Wi-Fi, or is the conflict something else.

Try streaming from say Xbox Music/Netflix (wifi) and connected via Bluetooth to a surround sound system. There is conflict on the bands used and it stop starts/jittery. MS support are aware of this and its a fault for which they say a future patch 'may' fix. They also suggest buying a 3rd party dongle to sort it out, that's like buying a car and the manufacturer telling you to buy a new engine part that protrudes from the bonnet, its not on or acceptable.

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site

No kidding. I'm curious as well. I have a Bluetooth mouse and WiFi of course since the sp2 doesn't have 4g capabilities.

Existence_Inc

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Thank God I don't have the BlueTooth/WiFi problem with my SP2. I guess I am one of the lucky ones. Keep in mind, EU consumer protections laws are significantly more elaborate than US consumer protection laws. Our warranty is usually 30-60 days for manufacturer defects and we can purchase extended warranties. From what I understand, manufacturers are required to have warranties that are "reasonable" for the expected life of the product: something like 12-24 months on electronics. I'd complain, but we also don't pay 17%+/- VAT.

~Ex

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb