SP4 post Anniversary Update

demon09

Apr 28, 2016
Visit site
The main WC post about it also noted you have to restart the device 2 times to get all the updates in place when you get them.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

omegafiler

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
RS1 "upgrade" definitely added instability to my SP4. It failed the first time, refusing to go past the Surface logo. It required a system restore just to boot; and then reapplied the updates. It booted up this time, but well, it was downhill from there. Starting having issues with heating up, Edge using up way too many resources, action tray wouldn't always respond, battery life went to crap, etc.

None of my other devices have experienced issues with RS1. So I just did a full "remove everything" factory reset. Now it's running great (again).

Microsoft took a good 6 months to get to what I felt was a "stable" working state with the SP4. It's unfortunate the big update isn't going that well for some of us. Admittedly, I've installed/uninstalled plenty of stuff over the past few months on the Surface. So who knows what single or combination of events are at fault.

Fortunately, factory reset got it back to a happy stable place.

2kchevy

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
My problem has been with Edge since 1607 After resetting and clean installs many times I stopped using Edge and started using Chrome and Everything has been great no problems with Windows pro 10 or any thing else.

coocooman3

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
Same issues here. Edge is a flaming pile of garbage, freezes constantly, crashes all the time. Last week's update helped some stuff, but it's still garbage. And I really like edge.
And to those who are interested, I was running my SP4 on the insider rings, and everything was running perfectly up until literally THE LAST UPDATE before the official one. Something they changed broke a lot of stuff.
And now my Surface Keyboard is malfunctioning. Like sholy **** it's infuriating. I knew I was getting a buggy product when I bought my surface months ago, but come on. If I spent $2500 anywhere else I'd get a good stable product.

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
WOW i have just noticed the battery on my SP4 keeps on going and going, so checked and I can confirm, the CPU clock is not stuck to 2,27ghz anymore, but instead drops even below 0,7 when not needed, keeping the temperature very cool without the fens :) Finally!!!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zahrajooon1254