Speakerphone echo issue

danielcj

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
I got this phone for my wife and most of the time when she puts me on speakerphone, I can hear my distorted voice echoed in my earpiece. The problem is much worse when she places her phone on soft surfaces like a couch or pillow. I've had her put it on a table and I still get a bit of distorted echoing.

Has anybody else noticed this issue? I'm wondering if it is a design/hardware issue that is inherent in this model or whether her unit is defective.

Thanks.

GazooAz

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I got this phone for my wife and most of the time when she puts me on speakerphone, I can hear my distorted voice echoed in my earpiece. The problem is much worse when she places her phone on soft surfaces like a couch or pillow. I've had her put it on a table and I still get a bit of distorted echoing.

Has anybody else noticed this issue? I'm wondering if it is a design/hardware issue that is inherent in this model or whether her unit is defective.

Thanks.
I think it is a Tmobile isssue, mine does it when I am on 4G with low bars it does not do it on 2G.

danielcj

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, that is very interesting, I will have to test it out. This phone is so new that its hard to fine any resources online.

danielcj

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
No cover whatsoever. I was wondering if it might be a volume issue. I have a Blackberry on 4G and don't seem to get an echoing issue with Tmo's network.

Last edited:

len1023

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
710 on Rogers.

Yes I have noticed this. I usually talk on my phone at night and rest it on my pillow on speakerphone. There is a very loud and noticeable echo for the person on the other end.

This was never a problem on the Samsung Focus.
BlackBerry Bold 9900 had a slight echo depending on position.

Nokia 710, the echo is unbearable on the other end. I'm not using a cover and have tried to put the phone in multiple positions and volumes, but it still echos. :mad:

danielcj

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
710 on Rogers.

Yes I have noticed this. I usually talk on my phone at night and rest it on my pillow on speakerphone. There is a very loud and noticeable echo for the person on the other end.

This was never a problem on the Samsung Focus.
BlackBerry Bold 9900 had a slight echo depending on position.

Nokia 710, the echo is unbearable on the other end. I'm not using a cover and have tried to put the phone in multiple positions and volumes, but it still echos. :mad:
Ya, i thought it couldn't be a network issue. Not sure if we just have a lemon or if the issue is more widespread on the device. Haven't been able to find much by way of complaints on the web.

GazooAz

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I can say for sure this is a network issue.

When I call my wife and we both have low bars I get the whine and chirp.

But when I call her on Skype over WiFi it is crystal clear. If I call her with full bars on 4g it is also clear. I only have the whine and chirp on speaker with low bars.

Sent from my Lumia 710 using Board Express

danielcj

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
i have the same problem too..
when i have the case on, during calls the other person hears an echo..
did you find a solution?

We only experienced this when on speakerphone not when using the regular speaker. If you are getting it during regular calls, it might be a network signal strength issue, or try lowering the volume and see if it goes away.

flash_sparrow

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
i have this problem during every call with the regular speaker and sometimes with the speakerphone on..i tried lowering the volume and the problem did not exist but everytime i make a call i have to lower the volume to stop the echo..:S

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb