Static-Crackle Voice Navigation Bluetooth

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
When using Navigation apps and I have tried Here drive, MS maps, Copilot using Bluetooth in the car I am getting the voice is broken up, static, crackle when it is giving directions. But when playing music the music sounds just fine does anyone have any ideas

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
When playing music, it uses the A2DP Bluetooth profile, which uses a digital procedure that will correct for audio issues. It also has a better range and less issues with radio interference.

When using just standard audio for directions, the connection quality can cause this static and crackle. This is usually caused by some sort of interference, and can be an issue depending on where the car's Bluetooth receiver is located. You may try to relocate your phone to several locations to see if you can minimize the issue.

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
When playing music, it uses the A2DP Bluetooth profile, which uses a digital procedure that will correct for audio issues. It also has a better range and less issues with radio interference.

When using just standard audio for directions, the connection quality can cause this static and crackle. This is usually caused by some sort of interference, and can be an issue depending on where the car's Bluetooth receiver is located. You may try to relocate your phone to several locations to see if you can minimize the issue.

Let me ask one more thing, Would a wireless car charger stand possibly cause this? I never had a problem before but 2 things have changed at the same time for me, 1- I went from a Lumia 822 2nd a plug in charger to a Lumia 928 using a wireless charger stand. Any suggestions would be a help thanks.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
It's hard to say if it's the wireless stand. It's possible it could be anything. You can try a plug-in charger just to rule it out. If you still have the static/crackle with the plug-in charger, then it could be the position of the Bluetooth radio in the phone is interfering with something in the car. In that case, just try repositioning it. It may only take an inch or 2, or a couple of feet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro