Surface Book 15 Inch with Microsoft Complete

Status
Not open for further replies.

pavvento

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Thread title: Surface Book 15 Inch with Microsoft Complete

Item Description: Surface Book 15 Inch i7, 16GB RAM and 512GB HD. It is Brand New and comes with Microsoft Complete, valid until February 18, 2020.

Price: $2700

Condition: Mint

Includes:Original Box, Original Power Supply, Original Guide Book, Paper Receipt

Item Location: Chicago, IL, USA

Shipping Details: To be negotiated: I can ship any speed/carrier you want and will pay 50% of the shipping cost.

Payment Options: PayPal
Additional Info: I received this brand new device as an exchange and my needs are better served with a Surface Pro. I am hoping to sell this device and purchase a new Surface Pro and use the remaining money to finish paying off the original purchase of the Surface Book.
Photos: Included20180218_143736.jpg20180218_143753.jpg20180218_154605.jpg20180218_154711.jpg20180218_154720.jpg20180218_154726.jpg20180218_154833.jpg
Contact Info - Please PM or post below

pavvento

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Nice SB2 @pavvento - good luck with the sale.

Out of curiosity, in what ways are your needs better met by a Surface Pro? And what did you exchange in order to get a SB2 15"?

Since I originally purchased the Surface Performance base (which was exchanged for the SB2) my work has become much more mobile, and I find myself using my computer less at a desk and with a docking station, and more on the go, so the lighter Surface Pro is better for that.

Additionally I have been using the pen a lot more, and I find the tilt angles on the Surface Pro to support that better. I've actually been using an old Surface Pro 3 more in the past month or 2 than I was using the Surface Book, but the Pro 3's battery is shot which is why it is not sufficient.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Since I originally purchased the Surface Performance base (which was exchanged for the SB2) my work has become much more mobile, and I find myself using my computer less at a desk and with a docking station, and more on the go, so the lighter Surface Pro is better for that.

Additionally I have been using the pen a lot more, and I find the tilt angles on the Surface Pro to support that better. I've actually been using an old Surface Pro 3 more in the past month or 2 than I was using the Surface Book, but the Pro 3's battery is shot which is why it is not sufficient.

Gotcha. I was just curious. I live in the Chicago area as well and I have a SB 1 i5 with MS Complete through the end of 2018. I've always wondered what they would give me if I needed a warranty exchange.

Good luck with the sale. It's a great deal for whoever the buyer is as they're basically getting a brand new SB2 15 inch with a 10% discount, no tax, and free Microsoft Complete. That's a fricken steal.

Also - Couldn't you just return the product and get a Surface Pro? I would think they'd refund the difference.

pavvento

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Gotcha. I was just curious. I live in the Chicago area as well and I have a SB 1 i5 with MS Complete through the end of 2018. I've always wondered what they would give me if I needed a warranty exchange.

Good luck with the sale. It's a great deal for whoever the buyer is as they're basically getting a brand new SB2 15 inch with a 10% discount, no tax, and free Microsoft Complete. That's a fricken steal.

Thanks. This was the 2nd time I had to go back to the MS store with issues related to the battery and the screen detaching/reattaching. They said that they would credit me whatever the current sale price of my Perf Base model was if I wanted to use it towards a SB2, and fortunately the current sale price was only $100 difference from the SB2. In hindsight I probably should have asked if I could get a lesser value computer and a gift card, but I didn't want to push my luck!

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. This was the 2nd time I had to go back to the MS store with issues related to the battery and the screen detaching/reattaching. They said that they would credit me whatever the current sale price of my Perf Base model was if I wanted to use it towards a SB2, and fortunately the current sale price was only $100 difference from the SB2. In hindsight I probably should have asked if I could get a lesser value computer and a gift card, but I didn't want to push my luck!

Couldn't you just return the product and get a Surface Pro? I would think they'd refund the difference.

pavvento

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Couldn't you just return the product and get a Surface Pro? I would think they'd refund the difference.

That's a good question. I'm not sure if they would accept a return on an exchange product since technically my newest receipt only shows a 'purchase' of $96. I will give the store in the city a call tomorrow and ask them if they're able to; I won't be able to drive back out to the suburban store for a few weeks.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
That's a good question. I'm not sure if they would accept a return on an exchange product since technically my newest receipt only shows a 'purchase' of $96. I will give the store in the city a call tomorrow and ask them if they're able to; I won't be able to drive back out to the suburban store for a few weeks.

The phone customer support is typically much less capable and helpful than the in-store. The brick and mortar Microsoft Store customer support is fantastic. Hopefully they can answer your question on the phone and help you out. Might save you a few bucks. If not, selling to someone here would help a lucky buyer out here. Either way, you get your Surface Pro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss