Surface Pro 7 on SP 3 Dock (Model 1664) ?

Rob Proud

Jan 21, 2020
Visit site
Hello,

quick question - any one got their SP7 to work on the old 'stand' dock ( Model 1664 dock)? All works but the Mini Display port - cant get an external Display to work?? all other features are fine

My Old SP3 works fine...I assume the Mini Display port would work given the new dock has 2 mini display ports? I tried a USB to HDMI converter out of the dock and that works but no idea why the Mini Display port not working?

Any help ?

Cheers,

JNM

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
I just bought one of these docks for what I think is a pretty nice amount today. Obviously, it charges my Surface Pro LTE, and it connects well to USB peripherals, but I have yet to try to connect to a monitor using the Mini Display Port. I'd love to see if anyone has seen success with this or if it is something that is just not compatible.

superbondbond

Feb 7, 2020
Visit site
We are having problems with our Surface Pro 7s and an older model dock. Not the model 1664 your mention, but the 1661 made for the surface pro 3/4/book. Everything works except for external displays. We have 2 surface pro 7s and three of the 1661 docks and the displays will not work. Audio, USB, charging all work fine. Windows can even see that there are two additional screens connected, it just won't make them active in the display settings.

The frustrating thing about this it we received our surface pro 7s a few weeks ago and the external displays were working fine. There was a windows update that installed to both of the surfaces a few days ago and since then the displays will not work anymore.

I know it's not the docks because they still work fine with our older surface books.

I've been running circles with MS support - they just want me to reinstall drivers and/or reinstall Windows.

I really don't want to buy two new docks.

anon(5327127)

May 25, 2011
Visit site
"I know it's not the docks because they still work fine with our older surface books." - How does the older Suface Dock with with the Book? There's no way to connect the Book to the dock?

superbondbond

Feb 7, 2020
Visit site
The 1661 dock connects to the surface book just like all the other surfaces - via the magnetic charge port.

In the end we discovered the problem was the latest surface updates - specifically the graphics driver. We rolled back the graphics driver to a previous version and now the SP7s are running two external monitors via the dock just like before.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss