Switching Cortana US to Cortana India

decentdude02

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
hi guys:) hope you all are rocking your lumias with fun!!

When I updated my phone to WP 8.1, I activated Cortana outside of US by changing my region. Since its now available for India, I'm thinking of changing my region to India. Please help me to find out whether all the favorite place and interests which are saved in Cortana for me now, will those be available when I switch to Cortana India??

Also share your opinions about Cortana India's performance and reviews. Thanks:angel:

Torcher Death

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Just one question - Are you on DP running GDR1 ??
Cause if you aren't, you wouldn't be able to get the Alpha version of Cortana just yet.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
If you have windows phone 8.1 update 1 installed , go ahead and activate Cortana by changing your region/speech settings to English UK. Cortana saves all the information in her notebook which is linked to your Microsoft/Bing account and history.

raj-lotus

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
hey himanshu , whats up :)
i installed lumia cyan in my lumia720, so i wanted to know if i can use cortana or not? also should i use cortana?

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
hey himanshu , whats up :)
i installed lumia cyan in my lumia720, so i wanted to know if i can use cortana or not? also should i use cortana?

Hey Raj ,
To use Cortana you need to change your phone region+speech to United States or if you have windows phone 8.1 update1 via DP , go ahead and just change the speech to English United Kingdom and region to India :smile:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb