The ridiculous hype for a terrible lock screen app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maaz Mansori

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
I, too, was a bit disappointed, but it's a beta and I am keeping it installed just to get updates and see how it transpires. For now, I'll continue to use the Amazon Weather HD lock screen background.

Loiselle

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I've already uninstalled it, and now I'm stuck with a generic wallpaper. Whenever I attempt to set a new lock screen photo, it always goes back to the stock one. Don't know what to do now.

guillams

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
This is a beta app, you don't have to use it if you don't gonna give feedback to Microsoft.

If out of beta it come with this then I'll follow you, for now, unless you provide feedback, this is useless!

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
The ridiculous hype for a terrible lock screen app.

What ridiculous hype?
It was teased at the build conference.
Then users waited around for it and now we have it in "beta" with the usual complaints\no complaints back and forth.

Same old forum scenario...

Pierre Blackwell

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Well I wouldn't necessarily call saying how disappointing this app is feedback since what was constructive about it to provide the developer with viable improvements? We took the notion of the lock screen and ran with it. No one said it would change the world. They updated us, gave us a preview and then allowed us to Beta test. I suspect it will only get better, but why not suggest how to make it better, for example there should be recommendations on what types of screens will maximize the experience.

jharr100

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Do you mean the one where it ddiagonally cuts away the first number of the 24 hours format time? That is some bad *** terrible design. Who the hell thought this was useful or good looking?

Nah the one where it animates diagonally...its pretty sweet on my 1520...and yea that cut off first number was dumb unless you have the right photo it makes no sense

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
It is in BETA and a lot more is coming soon, such as improvements in performance and visuals.

Rudy Huyn is working on this app and he has never disappointed us, with any of his apps.
Sent from my RM-914_im_mea3_380 using Tapatalk

rluka

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Expected more informations to be available to the screen.
It's official from Microsoft, so it has the potential to be a way for developers to present things on the lock screen.

Well, waiting for reviews of the next versions.

LumiaWorld

May 31, 2013
Visit site
It's in BETA okay... And the app was made by Rudy Huyn so I'm sure that after some updates, this 'overhyped' lock screen will be the best!

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
So this app has been developed for months, and this is what they come up with?

- slow and laggy (forgiven because it is beta)
- uninspiring designs, they practically look alike and the clock is unreadable
- notification icons only show stars for everything. Makes it a lesser experience than the default lock screen.
- The Bing icon on Bing wallpapers is not removed and looks ugly and sometimes is in the way of the alarm icon. Amazing weather HD nicely removes this Bing icon, so it is possible.

What a disappointment!

- Yeah, not sure what lag is going on, but I do expect optimizations
- Huh? 4 have digital clocks, one is text, while I'm using the analog. How are they unreadable?
- Hopefully gets fixed
- I can see this being bothersome, maybe placement will be helpful? Not sure.

Hopefully, though, and it is Rudy we're talking about, a fix is quickly on the way. So good luck Rudy! Much appreciated work so far. I do like the designs, though wish the different color clock design (#2) could change colors, either picked or like the task bar in Windows 8. ;)

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Just waiting for the API to go public. Then we'll get to tap into the incredible potential of the entire WP dev community.

K3n1x

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
People should view this app as a proof of concept. We get animated lock screen now. Imagine what other dev can do with the API. Animate weather on lock screen, news feed, live score maybe?

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand why everyone is saying that the icons are stars. My email and text messages appear just like they do on a regular lock screen.

Messaging and e-mail come up normal, but third-party apps show the stars. I noticed it today when I had a Facebook notification.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeroyNoodle