Titan Bugs Report Thread [Updated 12/16/11]

jeremyshaw

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
And for anyone still curious, and to stop the misspeaks of improper info, the Titan utilizes a msm8255t SoC, not a normal msm8255. The htc flyer was the first known device to use it, and lots of FUD spewing came out as a result of no one really knowing what it was. Some even speculated it was a dual core with a single core hidden by sw (since qualcomms site back then was a mess, and the only 1.5GHz part listed was a dual core), before qualcomm reorged all their chips into s1, s2, s3, etc and listed them out clearly.

Kk? Have fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure if this is a known bug or not. I plugged my phone into my stereo (Denon AVR) via 3.5mm and the volume control went crazy! I tried to turn it up a couple notches and it was like the phone was fighting me! Then suddenly it went full blast. Not cool when I live in an apartment with a really capable sound system! I rebooted my phone multiple times and nothing changed. Ultimately, I threw my Blackberry Playbook on and of course all was well, but I couldn't use Zune or my collection on my phone.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Engadget

Minor chipping on the One S and you swap out the phone FOR FREE!

But...

Serious problems with the Titan and you do nothing at all?!?!

C'MON! You're definitely not making lifelong friends here.

Narr

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Engadget

Minor chipping on the One S and you swap out the phone FOR FREE!

But...

Serious problems with the Titan and you do nothing at all?!?!

C'MON! You're definitely not making lifelong friends here.

There was a mistake in the official response from HTC:

"HTC is committed to delivering a high quality product and great experience for all our Android customers..."

Definately how it seems to me.

tambe292001

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
Omg I'm so beyond words frustrated with htc and my htc Titan phone. Brand new phone. Go through straight talk they gave me the sim card with the correct apn settings for data well the htc phone does not have anything under apn settings for data or mms so we can make receive calls text that's it no Internet no mms pic texts ugh and we paid over $600 for these phones I talked to everyone got no where so now were screwed. We also got the connection set up
App from the market that did absolutely nothing Microsoft or htc don't even have straight talk on there. Why even make a phone that's unlocked for then. Ugh

junehthomas

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
screen freezes when making call

I don't know if the problem is the device or OS or maybe an app.

My Titan is 6 months old. Last week, when making a call the screen went blank, then visible but frozen when the call was answered. The call can only be ended by the other person, my Bluetooth or by removing the battery. the problem still existed after a factory reset. A new Titan was sent by ATT under the warranty. At first it did not exhibit the problem. But the next day, after setting up Outlook and Hotmail, and downloading all my apps again, the problem returned. That was yesterday. Today I uninstalled 9 apps, 1 at a time and tested. No luck. Next steps: factory reset this 2nd phone; if not resolved, get a 3rd phone and try again; if the problem returns, switch devices.

I really don't want to change phones now since WP 8 is coming out later in the year. but I can't live with this. I can't enter a pin for a conference call, mute the phone or conference in others.

Any Ideas?

pdangcil

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
The light leak on the windows phone logo was a known issue. There was no fix! Its annoying as **** but I still love the phone. I have the iPhone 4S when I first moved to Japan and I immediately unlocked the Titan and have been using it since then. I can't go back to a smaller phone.
The weird thing for me is the internet sharing option. When I upgraded to 8112 it was there. But when I upgraded to 8773 it disappeared!!!! WTF!!!

Sent from my Titan using Board Express

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria