To lanyard or not to lanyard

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
That is the question. I have been thinking about putting my lanyard on my phone and using it but should I? It might be nice to have it attached to help me pull my L1020 out of my pocket and to help me not drop the phone when I am reaching out to get the angel on that perfect shot. What do you all think do you use your lanyard? Why? Take the poll and then tell us why.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
This one is a no brainer for me. Yes to the lanyard. Absolutely yes. I wish my 920 had one, especially if I'm out somewhere where I know the camera will be puttin in work. I could never take a photo from a cliff looking down with my 920. One bump and all I have are memories.

dogfacedsoldier

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I actually thought it would be a burden at first, possibly getting in the way or snagging on things, but now I will leave it on as long as it lasts. I'm also glad the camera grip came with one also, so I've got a spare. I do see a possible accessory option for those enterprising manufacturers out there willing to experiment (ie. different sizes, adjustable for those of us with big hands) and I am considering making some Paracord lanyards myself.

A must have for us amateur photogs out there! :cool:

Bkr11

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Lanyard is a huge hit. Used it for our vacation in conjunction with the camera grip (an obvious approach/solution), but after returning and dropping the grip the lanyard isn't a hassle/problem at all. Use it...it's especially helpful when the pockets are otherwise engaged and the hands are full (happened to me this morning).

GloriousGlory

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
The lanyard is nice for several different reasons. Aside from stating the obvious, I find it useful to pull the phone right out of my pocket rather than having to stick my whole hand in there to retrieve it.

bbennett40

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
I had put mine on then decided it was a bit much and took it off without actually trying it. However, reading these, posts, I think I'll re-attach and actually give it a shot. Might as well give it a fair chance.

tgr42

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I also put the lanyard on just to use with the camera grip for taking a lot of pictures. But then I got hooked, and now I don't think it's ever coming off...

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I don't use mine, but I certainly see why some people would. I guess if I was going to the zoo or something with my family I would probably think about it.

Arsenic17

May 19, 2012
Visit site
I put the lanyard one moment after opening my box 3 weeks ago and it hasnt come off since. It is great for general use as others have mentioned. I like to stick my phone in my pocket but keep the lanyard hanging out. I wish it was a more high quality lanyard though. It is kinda crappy and I also wish it said Nokia or something on it. That be cool.

When using in conjuction with the camera grip, I wish it was a tad bigger so that I could use it as a neck lanyard for the ultimate camera experience. And that they would be easier to swap out. REmoving and replacing the lanyard is no easy task for me.

B1zzle

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
there are 2 well kept secrets about the lanyard only a few know:

1st) it can allow for great cat photos as they attempt to nom the lanyard
9489743015_bdc3eeefa2_z.jpg

2nd) it can provide a saftey feature by creating a barrier between the lens and a hard surface by stickin phone thru middle of lanyard :D

20130815_121026.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I put it on when I know I am going to have the phone out of pocket taking lots of pics. Really quite nice but of insurance and pairs well with the grip.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I think I don't necessarily like the lanyard itself, BUT the wife wants to be able to put those little dangly anime things on her phone and therefore I’d like to not hear complaints and want a spot on the phone to attach a lanyard.

PRE2244_1.jpgWAZ169_2.jpg

Last edited:

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Not going to requote for brevity's sake, but the strap around the phone to keep it from scraping on a surface when laid down is genius! Nice tip...

strikeIII

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Do they come shipped with matching color of the phone? Meaning does the yellow 1020 come with a yellow one and white with white? It's not my thing to have a lanyard but I'm thinking of picking up the White 1020 for my wife and a white lanyard would be nice.

KitN

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
A lot dudes are sweaty-palmed and slippery-fingered. If you're one of them or have dropped devices in the past, I highly suggest you use the lanyard.
Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Board Express

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Now I know what a lanyard is, was about to bing it. till I saw the pics above. May have to find something like that for my 521..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb