Touchscreen doesn't work after W10 Fall Update

Tonio78

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
Hello,

I updated a few days ago to the Fall Update and now I have a strange problem.

The Touchscreen works as long as the keyboard is connected. When I go in tablet mode, W10 recognises it (the popup screen shows) but the touchscreen is dead; no reaction.

I've tried to install all possible Tabpro S driver packs I could find, no luck. Did a complete reset, same result: no luck.

Any of you have had this and maybe can give me a hint?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Ton

sp4rt4n i17

Oct 11, 2017
Visit site
Hello,

I updated a few days ago to the Fall Update and now I have a strange problem.

The Touchscreen works as long as the keyboard is connected. When I go in tablet mode, W10 recognises it (the popup screen shows) but the touchscreen is dead; no reaction.

I've tried to install all possible Tabpro S driver packs I could find, no luck. Did a complete reset, same result: no luck.

Any of you have had this and maybe can give me a hint?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Ton

Same here...did rollback, found no solution until now.

Tonio78

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
Same here...did rollback, found no solution until now.

Hi,

Did a forced clean install with the windows media création tools and it works now.

The culprit, ihmo, is the Intel graphics driver. Before the last clean install, I got it to work for a moment when I rolled back to the 20.19.15.4474 driver but it didn't last.

Good luck!

Ton

Tonio78

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
Sorry to say so but this didn't work either.

Yesterday evening, despite several boots, everything was fine, this morning at start-up back to square one, no touch screen in tablet mode 🤤

areithropos

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
Have you tried to change in Device Manager under Human Interface Devices the TchFilter Device with the standard driver HID-compliant touch screen? From 17133 on my touch screen would cease to work after some time and only start to work again after I tipped on the touch pad. After changing the driver the problem was no more for me.

maxtane

Jul 14, 2018
Visit site
Hi!

I'm facing the same problem with my TabPro S. Can you tell me what did you do, exactly, to solve the problem? What driver did you update? Where did you get the driver from?

Thanks!

You go to device manager --> Human Interface Devices --> Tchfilter --> Update Driver --> Select from list of drivers --> Choose HID-Compliant Touch Screen and install it.

christianhaudum

Sep 4, 2018
Visit site
this hint works at my Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro S to prevent freezing of the touchscreen. But after changing from tchfilter driver 1.0.0.3 or 1.0.0.5 to HID compliant touch screen i can use the c-pen-stylus only for navigation but not for handwriting in apps like MS-One-Note or drawboard PDF. The details under settings - pen & windows ink for detailed-settings and assigning apps to the C-pen's buttons also disappeared with the driver-change. any further ideas???

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6