Track WP8.1 + Lumia Cyan Rollout!

pedmar007

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Is there anyone out there who can actually rationalize the concept of how AT&T an American company based in America which provides internet service and cellular services has found great difficulty in releasing an OS update for devices owned by another American company MS and yet watches as NON-AMERICAN service providers will-fully allow the OS update to go out to users on their networks. Is there something that we are missing here? What resting is AT&T really doing?? Are they checking the new 3 columned home screen, the home screen backgrounds, new lock screens, word flow keyboard, new data senses?? what, what are they testing?? Are they secretly being paid to ANNOY the owners of WP devices to the point that we're to forget WP and go to either IOS or Android, is that it? Have they been paid to do this nonsense. I'm no technician but there are MANY issues reported after LUMIA CYAN was installed so WTF is AT&T trying to prevent??? they can do testing from now until COWS f....g fly, issues will be issues and anything man-made will never be infallible. So stop with all this drag foot waste time tactics and release the damn OS update that the owners of WP devices can actually enjoy their devices more than they are now!!!

Just my 2 cents!!!

Adirocks

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
First update is completed & install as it took 30 minutes all for downloading & installing.
Next update 8.1 major is checking now.
With this speed how much time will be taken by Lumia 720 as i have 3.3GB free & wifi speed 512kbps.
So if 512 kbps is ur bandwidth speed , then U r getting 60 kbps Download speed
Update is of around 500 mb
Roughly it will take around 2 hrs

Arpit Mittal

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
So if 512 kbps is ur bandwidth speed , then U r getting 60 kbps Download speed
Update is of around 500 mb
Roughly it will take around 2 hrs

if update is around 500MB then downloading time will be around 2.5hours as I download 700MB film in 4 hours.
Infact 20% update is done in 30 minutes.
So 2.5 hours for update then 50-60 minutes for installing update.

sehkzychic

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
What is Vodafone doing so differently that they've managed to release Cyan/8.1 for the Lumia 920 in all of their countries, but practically none of the other carriers have yet? Is anyone who has a 920 on Vodafone having issues with stability? Is there something that the other carriers are doing productively that necessitates the extra time?

amitmenon

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Well NEVER expected that MS india will throw such a surprise for Lumia 720.

I do feel sympathy for others who were supposed to get it, but don't worry guys if it can happen like this you can get your update by end of this month because apparently MS India has launched update for 2 devices this week, so at this rate all devices will be covered by this month

amitmenon

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
if update is around 500MB then downloading time will be around 2.5hours as I download 700MB film in 4 hours.
Infact 20% update is done in 30 minutes.
So 2.5 hours for update then 50-60 minutes for installing update.

well i don't know what is the size of the update, but mine downloading and installation took 1.5 hours.
my broadband speed is 24mbps, so through wifi mobile will download by 5-10mbps speed

harshakn6

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Oh dear MS/Nokia please update Lumia 525 phones in India for gods sake. 520 got the update. 720 got the update. A colleague of mine is receiving the cyan update for Lumia 720. My stomach is burning that I am not getting update on 525. :unhappysweat:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ozis