Track WP8.1 + Lumia Cyan Rollout!

yokyto

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
I've tried to update lumia cyan in 720, but can not update, I've arranged with India or US countries, but still can not update
what's the solution
Please help me !!!

Change of countries do nothing. You should change Product cod and this is not possible until you will replace motherboard of your phone. PC is unique number. You can flash your phone with soft for the same type of phone through NCS but it is not good. You have to wait until soft for your phone will be released

mfcengland

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
I wonder when us people who have 1020s on 3UK will EVER get CYAN!!! Been a week since general release. Last as usual!!!! Whats so special about our 1020s compared with the other 1020s that are global!!! Growing a grey hair or 2. Need know cuz downgrading to wp8 1st!!

I've got a 925 on 3. My sisters had cyan on her 925 for a month on 02. 3 announced on Wednesday on twitter that cyan had finally been approved on their 4g handsets, so apparently we're waiting for ms to roll it out.

kill_mark

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
I've tried to update lumia cyan in 720, but can not update, I've arranged with India or US countries, but still can not update
what's the solution
Please help me !!!

there are many post regarding rebranding or changing your phone to other CV. you can google this topic for the files that you need "[Tutorial] Unbrand (flash) Nokia Windows Phone 8"

you should also take note on downloading firmware of the same product code, you should also get the firmware of Country Variants (CV) if possible over Carrier firmwares like O2, AT&T and the likes.

if you know how to change your phones product code using nokia care suite then this should be an easy method..

first is you need to download the firmware via Navifirm+ or Data Package Manager and have the latest Nokia Care Suite (5.3.112). If you are using Navifirm+ then you need to transfer the downloaded files to C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\Products\rm-xxx or if you used DPM then you're good to go.. now turn off your phone and DON'T connect it yet, open Product Support Tool for Store from Nokia Care Suite and Work Offline by click the globe icon on the lower right.. now go to File and click Open Product. Find your product then click Open. Now on the lower left you will see Programming, click it and go to Recovery. You should be offline at this point, you should see beside the Update List shows Total number of found data packages: 1, then you need to click Start. then it will verify your firmwares data integrity and when it finishes, a new window will appear which ask you to Retry or Cancel, now connect your phone and click Retry. Then it will install the firmware to your phone. Just wait for it to finish and your phone will be rebranded.

SRK62

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
I am downgrade my Lumia 720 to wp8 from D.P. Update1. After complete the downgrading process, i check the updates immediately and i got the cyan.

bozvandam

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
I've got a 925 on 3. My sisters had cyan on her 925 for a month on 02. 3 announced on Wednesday on twitter that cyan had finally been approved on their 4g handsets, so apparently we're waiting for ms to roll it out.

Must have missed that. I know they announced the 925 was cleared (something they have since told me didn't happen) but the rest of their 4G handsets? They're still adamant they are still re-testing. In fact I've asked so many times why our handsets are different from every other UK carriers handsets, they've now re-directed me to their twitter terms and conditions and bandied around vague threats about my behaviour.

As it stands they HAVE NOT cleared any update for any 4G Lumia other than the 925 which, depending on whether there's a number in the date, they may not have done.

Clear as mud.

dby2011

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
What's with the tweets this morning from Nokia Developer? They say Lumia OTA Cyan Developer updates will be out for the 820 on Sept 1st. Can we assume we will.be getting Cyan firmware without carrier approval soon?

Last edited:

Legoboyii

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
What's with the tweets this morning from Nokia USA? They say Lumia OTA Cyan Developer updates will be out for the 820 on Sept 1st. Can we assume we will.be getting Cyan firmware without carrier approval soon?

It was noted that Cyan will be releasing directly to all DP users by MS after the bitlocker bug was fixed. DP members overrule the carrier approval system (sometimes at the cost of the phone's warranty.)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kasha963