Track WP8.1 + Lumia Cyan Rollout!

Sgthree

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
I still don't get the Microkia method of 'release then test then release' rather than test first, then release.

It has all just led to raising expectations and disappointing users all over the world. They really are hopeless.

*sits and waits for undercover Microkia employees to say how wonderful the roll out has been and how lucky we should feel not having Andriod which is worse*

It seems are are expected to think the least worst service is acceptable, than trying to deliver service excellence.

</weeklyrant>

Ralph Casimir

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
I still don't get the Microkia method of 'release then test then release' rather than test first, then release.

It has all just led to raising expectations and disappointing users all over the world. They really are hopeless.

*sits and waits for undercover Microkia employees to say how wonderful the roll out has been and how lucky we should feel not having Andriod which is worse*

It seems are are expected to think the least worst service is acceptable, than trying to deliver service excellence.

</weeklyrant>

if it makes you feel better, windows phone is losing market share. #Schadenfreude

amrut_m

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
Still confused what this actually means? Does this mean that those who have the dev preview will now be able to get a dev preview Cyan firmware update without waiting for your carrier?

It just means people on DP will get CYAN update WITHOUT need to downgrade to WP 8.

palmujukka

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
Still confused what this actually means? Does this mean that those who have the dev preview will now be able to get a dev preview Cyan firmware update without waiting for your carrier?
No, it looks like that MS has finally found a solution to the Bitlocker bug and are slowly resuming Cyan updates for those on DP. The preview is only meant to get the OS updatecbefore the official release, so you would still need to wait for Microsoft and/or your carrier to release the Cyan update.

Sgthree

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
if it makes you feel better, windows phone is losing market share. #Schadenfreude

it doesn't make me feel better. The platform is great, and I am sure 8.1, when it eventually comes with Cyan will be a potential market leader. It deserves much better management than Micokia/Nokiasoft are giving it.

The software engineers are being badly let down by the marketing and delivery teams. Being the third major platform to arrive in the market place was always going to be a challenge, and it seems the marketing and delivery is not helping with the challenge.

BLKahuna

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
It would be great if WPCentral could call Microsoft and get the scoop on what's happening here. I really don't want to have to roll my phone back to get Cyan. I'll lose all my progress in Machinarium and that would hurt.

If I know it's really coming, I can be fairly patient as I already have most of the functionality with DP. Please WPCentral - do a story on where Microsoft is as far as getting Cyan to those of us with DP and no bitlocker.

Adirocks

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
syquza5u.png

Dev preview users using 920 now getting official cyan update
620 & 820 users will get it soon

Sgthree

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/16/syquza5u.png

Dev preview users using 920 now getting official cyan update
620 & 820 users will get it soon

hmmm - Nokia Developer... Who are they? They don't have the little blue star/tick thingy to say they are genuine.

Can we trust this source?

It seems a bit misleading as they are talking about the Developer device - not the full release. Developer has been out for ages!

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
aren't dev devices the ones that you get from microsoft for actually developing apps, like the ones you get from attending BUILD and more? That's a bit different from dev preview devices.

Sgthree

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
aren't dev devices the ones that you get from microsoft for actually developing apps, like the ones you get from attending BUILD and more? That's a bit different from dev preview devices.

I don't know, but the use of the word 'developer' suggest (to me at least) this is not anything to do with the main Cyan roll-out. I hope it isn't, as I don't consider 1st September for the 820 to be 'soon'!

Ralph Casimir

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
It would be great if WPCentral could call Microsoft and get the scoop on what's happening here. I really don't want to have to roll my phone back to get Cyan. I'll lose all my progress in Machinarium and that would hurt.

If I know it's really coming, I can be fairly patient as I already have most of the functionality with DP. Please WPCentral - do a story on where Microsoft is as far as getting Cyan to those of us with DP and no bitlocker.

ask them on twitter. Not just Microsoft, but also Nokia, your carrier, and Joe belfiore, the head guy on the windows phone team.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jruasap