Track WP8.1 + Lumia Cyan Rollout!

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I hope this isn't a "when will Cyan be available for my device?" question, but has Cyan been released for any 520 RM-915 CV ROMs (AT&T is RM-915, but not CV)? If I'm not mistaken, most of the 520s that have received Cyan so far are RM-914 versions.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I have the AT&T Dev Device firmware (Black w/ 8.0) and there is not cyan update yet.

Is this is 920.3 version with Pentaband radio? I have a Rogers 920 which I am planning on flashing tonight with either the 059R2L5 (AT&T Developer) or 059R4H6 (Euro Dev) ROM, just want to make sure I don't flash the wrong radio

nohra

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I still don't get the Microkia method of 'release then test then release' rather than test first, then release.

It has all just led to raising expectations and disappointing users all over the world. They really are hopeless.

*sits and waits for undercover Microkia employees to say how wonderful the roll out has been and how lucky we should feel not having Andriod which is worse*

It seems are are expected to think the least worst service is acceptable, than trying to deliver service excellence.

</weeklyrant>

I often find myself wondering if I'd rather the carriers get updates ready for all their phones and release at once or do this frustrating limp approach. I guess this way is best, but it's still frustrating.

With the fact that 8.1 has been in preview for so long, I'm guessing it's cyan testing that's the holdup. If that's the case, I wish they'd just roll out 8.1 then cyan later. I wonder if testing of cyan on Lumias is slowing resources for pushing 8.1 to phones that aren't Nokias like the ativs and htcs...

And I'm also thinking how much faster I could have written this with wordflow! :-S

Xpider_MX

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Is this is 920.3 version with Pentaband radio? I have a Rogers 920 which I am planning on flashing tonight with either the 059R2L5 (AT&T Developer) or 059R4H6 (Euro Dev) ROM, just want to make sure I don't flash the wrong radio

Tried both, no Cyan yet. And 059R4H6 (Euro Dev) works fine with my phone (non european phone).

BOOMTING

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
How can the carriers be to blame for Country Variant phone owners having to wait longer than the carrier phone owners? Example - the L920!

That is the point I am trying to make. Rubino & Co have said a few times from what I have read over the past few weeks that it's the carriers/networks slowing things down for Microsoft, and Apple never had to deal with this because of their market share. What I am saying is that from the beginning, Apple had control to act as they please in regards to tariffs and updates; and that has nothing to do with marketshare because they didn't have any before 2008/9'ish. The blame of all this is directly down to Microsoft and Nokia who have failed to explain the delays, and there is absolutely no excuse for the CV phones to not be updated and who have failed to make the networks accountable to their customers (and the bad feeling is shared towards the slow networks and towards Microsoft/Nokia when updates are not pushed out).

In regards to your second comment, surely if such a thing were to occur (which I sure would fall foul of some kind of law somewhere...), that this should then force the hand of Microsoft/Nokia to follow in the heels of Apple (and I never thought I would say that) and operate independently of the networks. I mean, look at the success of iPhones across the networks: they all sell them (well at least in the UK) because not to would destroy their business, but more importantly there's no messing around with network ROMs or carrier updates because all updates go through Apple and only Apple.

I have a CV phone and believe me, I am more than annoyed at what I can only assume now to be the deliberate slowness of Microsoft/Nokia. I can only hope that maybe they might move to a model whereby updates circumvent the need for networks to 'test' or reconfigure updates and streamline the service so all consumers have access to the same platform experience, irrespective of what network (or lack of network) they belong to.

[Edit: Oops that turned out a little longer than anticipated.]

Spriteman

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
How can the carriers be to blame for Country Variant phone owners having to wait longer than the carrier phone owners? Example - the L920!

The only reason I can think of is the carrier are putting Microsoft under pressure not to release CV updates until they have their own updates sorted to avoid too many people unlocking their phones. Perhaps they are threatening not to push windows phones to customers if the CV updates are out before their own updates?

May be

In France, Orange 520 Cyan was released a lot sooner than 520 CV Cyan.

In France, 920 Orange is not released at that time and guess what ? ..... No CV Cyan for 920......

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pah66