Track WP8.1 + Lumia Cyan Rollout!

Panagiotis Fom

Aug 15, 2014
Visit site
Guys, these tweets clearly state that phones with Developer Preview will be able to upgrade Over The Air, so they won't need to be downgraded anymore. That's what "Nokia Developer" is all about.

I don't think this has to do with the release of Cyan to WP 8.0 devices.

mfcengland

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
Sorry. Got a L925 on 3uk. Checking for cyan, but all I get is a message saying "we are unable to check for updates (80072f8f)". Anyone had this?

Adirocks

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
Guys anyone with 920 dp ,pls check it out

R u getting the update

Note: Check in those regions only where cyan update is rolling out for non dev users

If that's true then dev preview users don't have to downgrade , they all get it through ota

Sgthree

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
Guys, these tweets clearly state that phones with Developer Preview will be able to upgrade Over The Air, so they won't need to be downgraded anymore. That's what "Nokia Developer" is all about.

OK, that kinda explains things to me. Thanks.

Sgthree

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
Sorry. Got a L925 on 3uk. Checking for cyan, but all I get is a message saying "we are unable to check for updates (80072f8f)". Anyone had this?

All the time. Mostly when there is a release somewhere for other devices, as I suspect it might mean the servers are busy, or the mouse isn't running fast enough in his wheel!

BOOMTING

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
It would be great if WPCentral could call Microsoft and get the scoop on what's happening here. I really don't want to have to roll my phone back to get Cyan. I'll lose all my progress in Machinarium and that would hurt.

If I know it's really coming, I can be fairly patient as I already have most of the functionality with DP. Please WPCentral - do a story on where Microsoft is as far as getting Cyan to those of us with DP and no bitlocker.

I have to say I'm slightly baffled as to why WPCentral hasn't made more of an effort to make Microsoft/Nokia more answerable to the delays and general slowness of this update. I know from experience, when I wrote for a Mobile blog a few years back (SMSTextNews/Mobile Industry Review) that if you have the readership you have the ability to get answers and force those with answers to speak. So keeping quiet and maintaining that it's beyond Microsoft's control, the carriers are to blame, when Apple had the freedom to do as they please from the get-go, doesn't make any sense. Furthermore, this doesn't explain the complete ****-up with the CV releases?

WPCentral should do a story, or a series of stories and put the fire up the arses of Microsoft/Nokia and explain why this has taken so long, and how they will be improving the experience for their users (and all their uses, not just DP, or latest phone model users). Make people accountable and they will have no choice but to deliver excellence.

Xpider_MX

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site

Sorry but "Developer Preview" is not the same than "Developer Device". The Tweet is not clear at all, and I'm sure that they are talking about the AT&T Developer Devices, not the L920 phones with Developer Preview.

Sgthree

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
Sorry but "Developer Preview" is not the same than "Developer Device". The Tweet is not clear at all, and I'm sure that they are talking about the AT&T Developer Devices, not the L920 phones with Developer Preview.

I've gone back in to confused mode!

Am I right in saying it is NOTHING to do with the general roll out of Cyan?? Yes or No?

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
I've gone back in to confused mode!

Am I right in saying it is NOTHING to do with the general roll out of Cyan?? Yes or No?

if they are talking developer devices, then only those with developer devices are being talked about. THAT is it it sounds like, not dev preview users.

mccririck

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
I have to say I'm slightly baffled as to why WPCentral hasn't made more of an effort to make Microsoft/Nokia more answerable to the delays and general slowness of this update. I know from experience, when I wrote for a Mobile blog a few years back (SMSTextNews/Mobile Industry Review) that if you have the readership you have the ability to get answers and force those with answers to speak. So keeping quiet and maintaining that it's beyond Microsoft's control, the carriers are to blame, when Apple had the freedom to do as they please from the get-go, doesn't make any sense. Furthermore, this doesn't explain the complete ****-up with the CV releases?

WPCentral should do a story, or a series of stories and put the fire up the arses of Microsoft/Nokia and explain why this has taken so long, and how they will be improving the experience for their users (and all their uses, not just DP, or latest phone model users). Make people accountable and they will have no choice but to deliver excellence.

How can the carriers be to blame for Country Variant phone owners having to wait longer than the carrier phone owners? Example - the L920!

The only reason I can think of is the carrier are putting Microsoft under pressure not to release CV updates until they have their own updates sorted to avoid too many people unlocking their phones. Perhaps they are threatening not to push windows phones to customers if the CV updates are out before their own updates?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jruasap