Track WP8.1 + Lumia Cyan Rollout!

Igor Tomic

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys so cyan released to CV 520 today, but im on DP and I didnt get the update, so i want to downgrade, but I dont know how since the nokia software recovery tool is saying i can update from the same software version as the update is, is there any way to update from my 8.1 dp to original 8.1 with cyan?

lunario

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys so cyan released to CV 520 today, but im on DP and I didnt get the update, so i want to downgrade, but I dont know how since the nokia software recovery tool is saying i can update from the same software version as the update is, is there any way to update from my 8.1 dp to original 8.1 with cyan?

nokia recovery will install the default rom back just press install

kill_mark

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site

use Nokia Software Updater for Retail..

Igor Tomic

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
use Nokia Software Updater for Retail..
I've tried to install that, but It won't, firstly when i start the installer, it wants to install drivers, So I install them and then the program starts to install, it installs and when i get into the app it says it needs a 30mb update, so I click yes and it starts installing the drivers again, cant even start the app, always says it needs to update and installs drivers and same thing over and over :/

kill_mark

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
I've tried to install that, but It won't, firstly when i start the installer, it wants to install drivers, So I install them and then the program starts to install, it installs and when i get into the app it says it needs a 30mb update, so I click yes and it starts installing the drivers again, cant even start the app, always says it needs to update and installs drivers and same thing over and over :/

what's the version you're installing? try to find a 4.2.1 installer so no need to install updates..

lunario

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site

just use nokia recovery tool let it recognize the phone and press install

lunario

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
you can use navifirm to see I the cyan firmware for you product code is already there but if it was release today it will be a couple of days until it will be available there.. cyan romm starts with 3058.. if not only downgrading to 8 then install cyan from ota

Igor Tomic

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
just use nokia recovery tool let it recognize the phone and press install
Ok now even recovery tool doesnt work, I downloaded the update started installing, "waiting for phone", phone goes into the "NOKIA" state and then recovery tool says that the process was cancelled and restarting phone in 3 minutes....

lunario

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
nokia software tools install all the drivers you need ,..uninstall Nokia software updater for retail ..and the try nokis recovery again..

if it will recognize the phone.. and use navifirm to download the cyan rom if is already available.. if not downgrade to 8 then update through ota

Igor Tomic

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
nokia software tools install all the drivers you need ,..uninstall Nokia software updater for retail ..and the try nokis recovery again..

if it will recognize the phone.. and use navifirm to download the cyan rom if is already available.. if not downgrade to 8 then update through ota

Okay I succeeded in installing, the problem was i tried to install the 4.2 not the 4.2.1, but now same problem, I can't even downgrade, it downloads the update and starts installing, waiting for phone and again suddenly its interrupted, im not even touching it, its turned on, and it said i have to recover, my phone now is on "NOKIA" stage i clicked recover the program says please connect the phone... >.<

update 1 : Ok now it is recovering i think, or installing, it says its installing but before that it said it needs to be recovered or my phone will stop working ... :S

update 2 : Ok I downgraded it to wp8, thanks guys for the help, I will post a picture of cyan update on CV 520 when im done updating :)

Last edited:

anon(8075033)

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Do they roll the updates on weekend? Cause 820 (and 620, 720) getting updates so are they still updated during weekend or do they continue the updating next week?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kasha963