Track WP8.1 + Lumia Cyan Rollout!

harshakn6

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
It has to be 920 this week plzzz

Well, L525 is the only phone left in x25 series. So I hope its L525. But I fell the pain for L920 and 820 users too. L620 is not so popular per se. Only 4 phones are left for update. I hope Windows Phone India and Microsoft India will have to speed up their roll out at the end of this week

lum5

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Well, L525 is the only phone left in x25 series. So I hope its L525. But I fell the pain for L920 and 820 users too. L620 is not so popular per se. Only 4 phones are left for update. I hope Windows Phone India and Microsoft India will have to speed up their roll out at the end of this week

👍😊 525 ...if update for 525 is coming then 920 will be also with that...usually Ms gives update like that one high end end and one low to mid end.....

Josephcarassojunior

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Managing the release of an update gradually is one thing, taking more than 2 months is absolutely ridiculous. It is not that most testing can not be done in house pre-release, and Microsoft certainly doesn't deal with the number of devices that Android and IOS do. It was announced back in April. Months are a significant part of the shelf life on an operating system. By the time they are done with 8.1 update, it will be time for Windows 9. I know not what causes such disastrous management of clients expectations, if multiple bilateral arrangements with carriers, myriad models which are all slightly different and yet the same, not enough work force, or simply lack of say by the marketing folks over developers.

harshakn6

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Managing the release of an update gradually is one thing, taking more than 2 months is absolutely ridiculous. It is not that most testing can not be done in house pre-release, and Microsoft certainly doesn't deal with the number of devices that Android and IOS do. It was announced back in April. Months are a significant part of the shelf life on an operating system. By the time they are done with 8.1 update, it will be time for Windows 9. I know not what causes such disastrous management of clients expectations, if multiple bilateral arrangements with carriers, myriad models which are all slightly different and yet the same, not enough work force, or simply lack of say by the marketing folks over developers.

Couldn't agree more with you.Capture.JPG

palmujukka

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
usually Ms gives update like that one high end end and one low to mid end.....

MS hasn't done that so far during the rollout. They started with the newest high end phones, one model/region a week. The rollout is a bit faster now and they suddenly skipped to the 520. Hopefully, they'll continue with the high end phones again, starting from the 920.

Ralph Casimir

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
Still pisses me off that they won't tell why this is taking so goddamn long. It's **** like this that makes people go back to Android or Apple or whoever the **** else.

For ****s sake. Life's hard enough as it is without dealing with this bull****.

And I don't care if my phone's update comes out right now, I'm just gonna say the truth. Joe Belfiore is an ******* ******* for telling us about the update back in ******* April and making us wait this ******* long and not telling us why.

Just needed to vent :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Du40