Track WP8.1 + Lumia Cyan Rollout!

MitchTheRed

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
I'm sure this has been covered, but I shall ask anyway: Does MS release updates only on Tuesdays or have they been rolling them out every few days or so? I have a 928 and want to know how long it will be to get the WP8.1 update. This month, next? This year? If at all?

lum5

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
I'm sure this has been covered, but I shall ask anyway: Does MS release updates only on Tuesdays or have they been rolling them out every few days or so? I have a 928 and want to know how long it will be to get the WP8.1 update. This month, next? This year? If at all?

releases updates mostly on Tuesday & Thursdays some time Saturday also...

lum5

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
is there one update or two?
and how to get crotana in india? like i have too choose some language??

one update only but comes in two installation files..one to make phone ready for 8.1 & second one the main one....inorder to get cortana for India u need to have wp8.1 update 1 preview version others won't get...in this version only alpha cortana will be working....for working cortana in full u need to change region speech all the things to U.S....for that no need of preview wp8.1 cyan only needed....

Josephcarassojunior

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Many of the "covered" devices still have pending updates in certain geographies for carrier specific models. As most were sold through carriers this effectively means a smaller percentage of devices have seen the update so far.

Josephcarassojunior

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Perhaps, but one wonders why, and part of the reason is that it comes out already fairly well thought of in terms of user experience, making updates less necessary and limited to fixing bugs. We are only now getting certain functionalities that android users had since their previous version.

OldMillXxX

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Many of the "covered" devices still have pending updates in certain geographies for carrier specific models. As most were sold through carriers this effectively means a smaller percentage of devices have seen the update so far.
Maybe, instead of updating by phone type, they could update by geographic location...

mfcengland

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
Someone explain this please. Before the cyan update I had 6.13Gb of memory left on the phone. After the update, and after updating all my apps, I've got 6.23Gb of memory.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spunkydj