Track WP8.1 + Lumia Cyan Rollout!

bozvandam

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
I know everybody is just hanging on with baited breath for my 1020/3UK updates so, should you still give a toss (for the record I don't anymore - well done 3 support, I've now officially lost the will to live) the latest is the 'approved' update which has been 'returned to Nokia/MS' isn't and hasn't. Also "within 10 days" (14 days ago) is now variously "ASAP" or 'when it's ready' which is exactly where they were when this update bollocks started last month. On the plus side support haven't threatened me for a few days.

Mahesh Bhoir

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
Wi-Fi 📶 is very cheap now, you can get a 512kbps unlimited connection for 600 rupees (really unlimited, download as much as you want and speed remains the same, unlike data connection which has 128kbps speed after 1 Gb). That is faster cheaper than a 3g data pack, and speed is good for video watching without buffering in between :)

yes, but I don't want to loose/reinstall my apps, setup email clients again and again. I have done that before for amber update. And its really pain 😒😒
The OTA must work as its working in other countries, Nokia/MS cant cheat us like this.

I have seen the updates to iOS or Android devices, when they release update for your region its immediately available in a day or two. Its really frustrating about windows phone 😞😞

Pradeep Kumar20

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
yes, but I don't want to loose/reinstall my apps, setup email clients again and again. I have done that before for amber update. And its really pain ����
The OTA must work as its working in other countries, Nokia/MS cant cheat us like this.

I have seen the updates to iOS or Android devices, when they release update for your region its immediately available in a day or two. Its really frustrating about windows phone ����

I agree with you.
This has been really frustrating with each update. We understand MS/Nokia trying to bring good things as no-company would like to crush it's own business.... But this could have been done in much better way specially with this market/Generation... Where people hate to wait for anything...:(

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
yes, but I don't want to loose/reinstall my apps, setup email clients again and again. I have done that before for amber update. And its really pain 😒😒

I have seen the updates to iOS or Android devices, when they release update for your region its immediately available in a day or two. Its really frustrating about windows phone 😞😞
Just backup your settings and apps? After you reset, it will ask you if you want to restore from your backup, click yes, and leave the phone for 20 minutes. Your apps, games, email, text messages, call log, internet explorer favourites, history, everything is restored.

90% Android devices don't receive the amount of updates the 520 has received since its launch.

Tinkerdog

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I know how you feel................ I am waiting on my Verizon 822 update for 8.1 and Cyan............. will probably get it in late September.............. just in time for Verizon to sell a ton of the new Windows Phones with the update already installed........... theeeeeeeeen they might let us have the update...... then again, maybe not.

I HATE VERIZON !!!!!

berts614@gmail.com

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
Hello,
Just recvd my new Nokia 1520 (1520.3, RM-938) from B&H. A SUPER phone, it is...best of all it (the phone) asked me to upgrade to W8.1 Cyan on its own. This amazed me since I am connected via Ptel to T_Mobile who I thought did not roll out Cyan yet here in Texas.

lum5

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
After changing the Location, speech & Language to US... Do we need to download Cortana from Store? or How it is going to be?

Another question, after availing Cortana in your phone, can we change the location, speech & language back to india? And even after that we can use Cortana?

Please respond... Thank you!

No need to go to store to download it automatically appears... If u change back all things to India back cortana will not works that version of cortana is alpha one its only available for wp8.1 update1 dp users not available for all ...

Kev P

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
I know everybody is just hanging on with baited breath for my 1020/3UK updates so, should you still give a toss (for the record I don't anymore - well done 3 support, I've now officially lost the will to live) the latest is the 'approved' update which has been 'returned to Nokia/MS' isn't and hasn't. Also "within 10 days" (14 days ago) is now variously "ASAP" or 'when it's ready' which is exactly where they were when this update bollocks started last month. On the plus side support haven't threatened me for a few days.

I just flashed mine cuple weeks ago to cv and dp update 1.1. Dont know whata got into 3!!! I pay nearly ?40 a month for a crap service. Rediculous now. So now got a unbranded 1020 up to date now. Wudav held on but taken WAY WAY to long sort it now. Been a month. Not gud cust svc by 3!!

DsL666

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
Ok, let me get this straight..

EE uk are STILL "testing" the Cyan update for the L920, while both Orange and T-mobile have released it in some countries in Europe??? WTF!��

Not to mention that european networks i have never even heard of who are probably smaller (no offence) than EE with less resources than EE have released the update!!!! Again i say WTF!!!!��

Tinkerdog

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I have the DP on my Lumia 822 in the United States and it works great! So why the LOOOOOOONNNNNNGGGGGGGGGG delay to release 8.1 and the Cyan to the US ??? Or anyone else for that matter???

Simple..... TO DRIVE SALES OF THEIR NEW DEVICES THEY WISH TO SELL FOR CHRISTMAS.... THAT IS WHY !!!!

bozvandam

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
OM f'n G and bugger me sideways with a small cucumber etc. My 3UK 1020 is currently updating to 8.1. The initial 'preparation' update actually arrived about 2pm but I had to wait till I got back home with decent wifi access. If I were that way inclined I may have said *squee* but the cynic in me says just wait and see first.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Epoch4