Track WP8.1 + Lumia Cyan Rollout!

Ralph Casimir

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
For all the US AT&T 920 users, who still use this forum and have a twitter account:

I posted this on the ATT Community in a thread where 920 owners are screaming for cyan. Of course, no response from AT&T.

Let's take this PUBLIC. We may not be a huge number, but a even 100 negative tweets shared exponentially with all our followers, will get more attention from AT&T than whining here in WPCentral (which I doubt they even know exists).

Get on Twitter and let's use a single hashtag... #ATTdoesntcare. Tweet daily. Perhaps if everyone who is following us reads about AT&T's concern (or lack thereof), AT&T's marketing department will start hammering the engineering department.

I can't find a twitter account for Glenn Lurie, who was appointed CEO of AT&T Mobility two days ago, but be sure to include @ATT in your tweets so they get copies of every angry word.

This was my first tweet:

@ATT is turning a deaf ear to customers demanding updates to @windowsphone. I just want BT LE. #ATTdoesntcare

Feel free to copy and paste. And please add a comment in this thread if you're willing to become an activist.

Anyone who wants to get more info for other devices should try this too. We're not entirely against the wait, just at the lack of info.

DoctorSaline

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
I tweeted @nokiahelps guys and they told me OTA updates are rolled out slowly, even if the updates are officially available for a country varient. Or one can use Nokia Software recovery tool to download and flash the update. And now the waiting game continues for OTA update.
-Lumia 525 CV Pakistan

Pradeep Kumar20

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Guys, I just connected L620 (India) to NSRT and it shows Cyan update (3058.50000.1425.0001) is available. However, this is 1.51GB file to download. Now is it advisable to update through NSRT or should i wait to receive through OTA?

Please reply... thanks in advance!

AnestisL820

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
Guys, I just connected L620 (India) to NSRT and it shows Cyan update (3058.50000.1425.0001) is available. However, this is 1.51GB file to download. Now is it advisable to update through NSRT or should i wait to receive through OTA?

Please reply... thanks in advance!
it is better to make a clean update through nsrt but make sure you have backed up everything but they will be lost... :)

Mahesh Bhoir

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
The cyan update is available in India for Lumia 620, I My phone too shows "phone is up to date".
I am running Lumia black (India).
I know I can use NSU or nokia software recovery tool, but it will erase all apps and I don't want to install them again.
Nokia/Microsoft pls understand internet data is not cheap here in India.
Does the OTA really works in India?

-Mahesh

AnestisL820

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
The cyan update is available in India for Lumia 620, I My phone too shows "phone is up to date".
I know I can use NSU or nokia software recovery tool, but it will erase all apps and I don't want to install them again.

-Mahesh

i believe that updating through Internet data will take more data than getting all the apps again... consider that the update is approx.700 mb i think... if you go through OTA use wifi...

GohanGautham

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Are we saying that updating through NSRT is better than OTA in terms of good performance/health of the handset? I am fine to re installing/downloading all my apps.

Well it is like a clean install! Its just like ur buying a new phone and setting it up! So updating through NSRT is best option if u have Wi-Fi connection! If u are on data pack its not recommended as the update consumes a lot of data! :)

garama

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Cyan update over DP is now acitive in UK CV-GBIE just updated my1520 two hours ago. Interesting enough, you get two updates 1) cyan over DP then immediately 2) DP is reloaded.
Patience pays.....uhraayy.....

lum5

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Are we saying that updating through NSRT is better than OTA in terms of good performance/health of the handset? I am fine to re installing/downloading all my apps.

If u have good WiFi choice is urs file is big in nsrt compaired to Ota...difference of 1gb, in Ota size is only 600mb but in nsrt its 1.6gb... In Ota no data is lost other thing backup needed.. .

Pradeep Kumar20

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
If u have good WiFi choice is urs file is big in nsrt compaired to Ota...difference of 1gb, in Ota size is only 600mb but in nsrt its 1.6gb... In Ota no data is lost other thing backup needed.. .

Yes. I have WiFi and i don't have problem of updating through NSRT. I am just concerned about the handset performance.
My Concern is the overall performance of the handset (Specially Battery/Camera/touch) after updating to 8.1. Because i noticed people have been facing issue in terms of performance post update.

Pradeep Kumar20

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Change region to us make location on... speech and language change it from India to us download it restart it now enjoy

After changing the Location, speech & Language to US... Do we need to download Cortana from Store? or How it is going to be?

Another question, after availing Cortana in your phone, can we change the location, speech & language back to india? And even after that we can use Cortana?

Please respond... Thank you!

Aman2901

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
No after you do the necessary..Swipe to the right and under 'C Section' you will see Cortana(if it doesn't appear then simply reboot your phone)!!

And if ye change back any one of the settings then Cortana won't disappear but will work in the Alpha version of India which just has search feature!!

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site

-Mahesh
Wi-Fi 📶 is very cheap now, you can get a 512kbps unlimited connection for 600 rupees (really unlimited, download as much as you want and speed remains the same, unlike data connection which has 128kbps speed after 1 Gb). That is faster cheaper than a 3g data pack, and speed is good for video watching without buffering in between :)

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Yes. I have WiFi and i don't have problem of updating through NSRT. I am just concerned about the handset performance.
My Concern is the overall performance of the handset (Specially Battery/Camera/touch) after updating to 8.1. Because i noticed people have been facing issue in terms of performance post update.

I've been on all DP releases. 8.1 was actually a little laggy compared to 8.0. But 8.1.1 (or GDR1 or whatever it's called) actually fixed that.

It won't matter how you get 8.1, you'll feel it has a little lag occasionally. The next update that rolls out will address that...

From a 're-flash' or 'upgrade', personally I've never found it any different. The 'upgrade' basically is a complete re-install followed be a data migration so other than a slight Flash Filesystem file layout difference, the two will be the same except one keeps you data.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Epoch4