Trick your phone to update to Mango!!!

L

lumic

Argh, I got a "can't connect" despite waiting four full seconds before disconnecting...

wizake

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
go to the marketplace, search your app, click on it.. The Share button will appear because you have it installed. Next, hit 'back' button .. wait a few seconds and click on the app again. Now it should display the "update" button

I dont guarantee this trick will always work, but I read it online and saw a video demo that sometimes it works.

If not, you just have to wait a few days untill you get notifications about app updates.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I got this trick to work but now none of my apps will update anyone know how to fix this?
waving.gif

welcome.gif

Try visiting the app you wish to update in the marketplace, when you see it say share, hit the back button, then go back again to the app and it should say update.

Not the best method but until the automatic notification is working normally again it will do i guess. :)

withoutusername

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
The trick works for me! At first I tried on my win7 tablet no success after a few try, I guess I disconnected too early, then on desktop successfully triggered the update after I disabled my LAN after 6-7 seconds. Phone wifi data both off.

doublebullout

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Hope this is helpful to someone...

I was not able to trick Windows Connector for Mac into presenting the update, despite many, many tries while varying the timing of shutting off my wi-fi connection. I was able to trick the Zune software on my Win7 laptop on the first attempt. If you are a Mac user and you just can't get Windows Connector to present the update, my suggestion is to use Windows and Zune to force the update instead.

And yes, if you're wondering, it is definitely worth the effort. Mango is a fantastic upgrade.
Microsoft could have legitimately called it 8.0 instead of 7.5. It feels like a whole digit update. Bloody marvelous!

Kwadie

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Cant use trick with Omnia 7

I tried everything to force the Mango update without any luck :-( I tried like 100 times :-(
I got a Samsung Omnia 7 With Mobile Vikings (I live in Belgium)

Wifi/Data Connection both off/ Only Data Connection on. Nothing seems to work.
I get an error every time "Can't check for updates right now. Please try again later."
Error Code: 80072EFF. Im running version 7392. A friend of my used the same method and got the same phone and same version 7392. He managed after a few tries to Force the Update.

Can someone help me please?

Greets

Kwadie

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site

Wont work :( It now just tells me my phone is up to date (7392) but i guess when i turn off my Data Connection on my phone it just uses the wifi connection of my laptop to check for an update.

In the tutorial it said "Ensure your PC is connected to the internet" so I dont disconnect my wifi on my laptop at the same time when im disconnecting my Data Connection on my phone?

EDIT:
I tied everything the people told here, NOTHING works, I always get: "Cant update now, please try again later" pffff really hate it !!!

Last edited:

doublebullout

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
You have to disconnect all data connections for this to work. Turn off your wi-fi and leave it off during the entire process. When the update is presented to you as available, plug your ethernet cable back in and then continue with the update. You can turn your wi-fi back on then.

Kwadie

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
You have to disconnect all data connections for this to work. Turn off your wi-fi and leave it off during the entire process. When the update is presented to you as available, plug your ethernet cable back in and then continue with the update. You can turn your wi-fi back on then.

I tied everything the people told here, NOTHING works, I always get: "Cant update now, please try again later" pffff really hate it !!!

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Argh, I got a "can't connect" despite waiting four full seconds before disconnecting...

I tried about ten times at the office and my office mates were needing the internet to be one ( so I tried at him and it worked just fine. You just have to try severing the internet connection for different lengths of time until it works

DaronU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Samsung Focus Update fails

I have been successful at getting the forced update to start...Many times in fact. The problem is that during the back up step each time at exactly 69% the phone reboots and the update errors out with Error C101007B, which I know is a generic zune code.

I have the focus 1.3 with a 32GB SD and have had no problems with any other udpates. Also, the failure is occuring on the first update available which is the 7392.

Anyone encountered this and hopefully have a work around.

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site

Try this:

I assume this is when your handset's wifi is still off.

Leave the data connection off on your phone and forget about it.
Turn the phone wifi on.
Connect to Zune.
Commence update.
Count to 5 and immediately turn the wifi off (on your phone) and sever the internet connection to your PC/Mac (be quick).
If you get the "phone is up to date" message, add an extra second onto your count. If the same thing happens again... another second until you get success...

Hope this helps.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zahrajooon1254