Trick your phone to update to Mango!!!

bassballboy

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if this will work if you have no cell connection? I have my Focus running without a SIM card - just using wifi... I might be doing it wrong though.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I would think if you have the latest Zune on a computer and the usb cable that cme with your phone you should be able to "trick" your focus into the update. Its usually all about when you sever the connection with the internet. Although when I was trying on my latop with wifi I had difficukties and it was during the work housrs and tuening off wifi killed everybody else on the internet and I could not get it to work. But you might have better luck give it a whirl and let us know. If it does not work we'll see what we might be able to figure out to get it done!!

bassballboy

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
it seems as though the phone needs to have an active wifi connection for the update to not error out... when I have it connected via usb without wifi I get an error, but when I activate wifi on the phone it always comes back as the software is up to date - no matter when I kill the wifi on the computer... what should I try next?

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Hmm! Not sure I know I could not get it to force on laptop with pushing the wifi connection off. Are using a laptop or desktop? Are you using a wireless adapter that plugs into a usb port or is it built in wireless?

bassballboy

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Hmm! Not sure I know I could not get it to force on laptop with pushing the wifi connection off. Are using a laptop or desktop? Are you using a wireless adapter that plugs into a usb port or is it built in wireless?

It's on a desktop and it's a built in adapter. I can try another computer and hard wire it into the internet, maybe that will work?

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Thats what worked for me the leptop would not and it worked on the second try at home pulling the ethernet cable. It is certianly worth a shot! Let us know!!

Dav66id77

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
I had already tried that joss....no dice.
1.jpg

2.jpg

6.jpg

nimeshc

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Same here. Got a samsung focus v1.3.. Got notifications till 7392. Now phone is running 7392 perfectly. After that nothing. Tried the disconnect thing a 1000 times but no use. And on top of that read somewhere that mango rolls out to 100% eligible phones.. It really sucks!!!

Mr.Moonlight

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Guess I was lucky. The trick worked for me on the second try...yanked out the cable about a half a second after clicking the button in Zune. I updated my Mozart to Mango about six weeks back. My son, who has the same model, waited til he was queued and got his update notification. He ended up getting his update about two weeks ago. So I gained about a month's worth of Mango goodness just by pulling the ethernet plug.

But I do feel for you guys that have to keep waiting. It's frustrating, for sure.

bassballboy

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm beginning to wonder if this has to do with the fact that I don't have a SIM card in it - when they say notify me of an update what does that entail?

EDIT:
Just did live chat with Samsung, according to them the Focus 1.4 hasn't had the Mango update deployed by AT&T yet. in any case if AT&T has to send the update I am hosed since I'm only running it on wifi...

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cagkles124