twitter contacts missing from people hub

Antwan3k

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
im running mango and everything has worked fine.. But now all of a sudden all my twitter contacts are missing from the people hub.. I tried resync, delete twitter profile/resync, resync windows live profile, restarting the phone both with the power button and battery removal.. No luck.

Has anyone else experienced this?.. Any suggestions?..

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Go to the people hub then chose settings from the 3 dot menu. Chose filter my contacts and make sure the twitter box is checked

jonsmith89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. I've checked twitter under the filter, rebooted, resynced all accounts, and deleted and re-added twitter and still no contacts. It was weird, I just had checked my twitter under a group and set my phone down, picked it back up and the contacts were gone. What happened?

TeeOwnzU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I didn't have the Twitter box checked in Settings on the People hub but now I do and my Twitter contacts still aren't appearing.
I'd also like to mention that I synced Twitter several times and still not seeing my Twitter contacts.

Last edited:

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I could be wrong, but I remember reading that Twitter contacts won't show up in the People Hub. This isn't Microsoft's fault, it's Twitter's. It's because Twitter wouldn't let Microsoft store contacts.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
My phone is out of commission right now, so I can't verify, but I have used the people hub to directly @reply someone on twitter.

kndoubleu

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
This just happened to me tonight; I actually hard reset my phone and reloaded everything, and that still didn't work. I'm assuming Twitter's responsible again. If it's a permanent sticking point, that's a huge, huge loss for WP7.5.

iamoniwaban

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
twitter issues as well

1) I noticed a few hours ago my twitter contacts no longer show up in people hub as well. I am thinking a twitter / live service issue. I assume it will be back to normal soon.

GaMMa:Twitter contacts, if the filter is checked off, will show up in the people hub. as well as when viewing a contact, if they are a twitter contact, you will notice you can mention them on twitter.

drg

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I jsut turned on the filter to show Twitter accounts and am going crazy as to why I can't see them in my contacts. I'm hoping it's a twitter issue too.

Gorki247

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I assumed this was by design, but I guess not. Not sure why you'd want to fill your people hub with twitter users (unless you only follow 'real' people). You can still select your twitter and facebook users by using the search function in the hub. Even if they are hidden, they will show up amongst the results.

Last edited:

penetronn

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Go to the people hub then chose settings from the 3 dot menu. Chose filter my contacts and make sure the twitter box is checked

thought this was the problem too but it's not. Mine and my wife's twitter contacts were in the people hub Sep 27 (we have mostly friends on there so it didn't overcrowd things in the people hub). My wife even pinned a few favorite bands via Twitter to the homescreen and feeds were updating and "flipping" the cards. As of this morning, all twitter contacts are gone from people hub, they are no longer linked to appropriate live and Facebook contacts, they are no longer searchable, and my wife's band tiles actually disappeared from her homescreen. This is a major blow if it turns out twitter has "turned off" this feature. It was one of the main reasons i was looking forward to mango. Several friends of mine use twitter exclusively for social networking so as of this morning we have to go back to the app to communicate with them.

Rhody#WP

May 3, 2011
Visit site
My Twitter contacts show up fine. I just wish Twitter and Facebook had separate spokes rather than mixing them together in What's Happening.

Shobiz

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Great. I thought I was the only one with this problem. I linked a number of twitter contacts, this morning they were gone.

juststart

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same issue! Thank goodness I'm not alone... thought I was going crazy lol. It happened to me yesterday because I was going to link a few people and all of a sudden Twitter was gone from my phonebook. I tried the filtering options and unchecking the box to leave people out who aren't in my phonebook. I even deleted and re-added the twitter account. No luck.

Snow

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
My Twitter contacts show up fine. I just wish Twitter and Facebook had separate spokes rather than mixing them together in What's Happening.
u can separate them by pressing the all acounts under whats new and change it to facebook only or twitter only

Snow

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
It seems like only people who link the twitter contacts got this prob ??
Since Rhody twitter contacts is fine

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99