Unable to receive whatsapp notifications while phone is locked

taimur_3

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone, I am a newbie to the world of Windows Phones. I just got Nokia Lumia 820 a few days back. I am able to receive sms notifications while my phone is locked/unlocked. The issue that I currently am facing is of not receiving Whatsapp notifications while my phone is locked. As soon I unlock it (no matter an hour or two hours later), I receive all the Whatsapp messages at once.

Please help and suggest what should I do.

taimur_3

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
U r still facing the same problem??

Yes, I am still facing the same problem.
Btw, I was going through the settings of my wifi(just moving here and there to discover my phone) and I found the following option unchecked:
Keep WiFi on when screen times out

Besides this, I have noticed that as soon I unlock my cellphone, the wifi signals are grey for a second and then they turn white. Do you think this could be the reason of the issue?

nithin r

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
No I think. Try this go to settings swipe left/right to get in to application setting select background allow WhatsApp to run in background. Its not necessary but try ur luck

surfer1412

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I am still facing the same problem.
Btw, I was going through the settings of my wifi(just moving here and there to discover my phone) and I found the following option unchecked:
Keep WiFi on when screen times out

Besides this, I have noticed that as soon I unlock my cellphone, the wifi signals are grey for a second and then they turn white. Do you think this could be the reason of the issue?

Yes, you are not connected to your WiFi if you have that option unchecked. Whatsapp goes through internet and therefore, without WiFi, your phone is not receiving any Whatsapp messages when it is locked. Check that option and messages will come in fine.

taimur_3

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Yes, you are not connected to your WiFi if you have that option unchecked. Whatsapp goes through internet and therefore, without WiFi, your phone is not receiving any Whatsapp messages when it is locked. Check that option and messages will come in fine.

Thank you. I unchecked that and so far I have been receiving the notifications :) The only problem that I am starting to face now is; its almost 4-5th time that I just received a message something like whatsapp notifications has stopped working and asking me to restart my phone to solve that problem. Just cuz of this reason I have restarted my phone these much times but still I have been receiving this error. Why is this so?

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
I've received the "push notification" error a couple of times, but you can safely dismiss those. I usually get them when my wifi network is acting up.

taimur_3

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Reinstall your whatsapp may help. But I did not encounter this error before.

Sent from my RM-825_apac_singapore_267 using Tapatalk

I did the hard reset last night and so far It has started working now. Hope it continues working like this and doesn't create a problem in the future

taimur_3

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
I've received the "push notification" error a couple of times, but you can safely dismiss those. I usually get them when my wifi network is acting up.

Does it mean that I am not supposed to restart my cellphone ? Because thats really tiring to restart my cellphone every single time

aniket0303

Banned
Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Guys there is an official whatsapp thread you can ask your queries there. So kindly please post your queries in that thread. 😊

Sent from my Lumia 620(wp8.1)RM-846_im_india_233 using Tapatalk

Zibri

Feb 19, 2016
Visit site
Gakaxy note 3 SM-N9005 with android 4.3.
If the phone is in deep sleep I don't receive whatsapp messages until I manually run the application.
This happens only after an hour or two of deep sleep.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb