Unable to search on gmail server after resetting my Lumia 920

parasnarvekar

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi

I reset my L920 last week and since then I am unable to search emails over the Gmail server. I know Google has stopped the push mail service for windows phone (the fastest sync option i see is 15 mins) but now i am unable to even search email. I read a couple of threads (OLD ones from 2012 or pre GDR2) which suggested snycing all Google elements (Calendar, mail & contacts) and I already have that enabled and the damn thing still doesnt work. This is very frustrating. PLEASE HELPPPPPPP!!!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Did you set the 'Download email from' in settings to whatever time suits you? I got mine set to 'any time' it takes a while to update the email. I suggest having WiFi to make it quicker.

Also you may have to sync each folder you have individually in the same fashion under settings.

parasnarvekar

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
The option is set to 'anytime' and I can live with the 15min lag in syncing emails but not being able to search emails on the gmail servers really annoying. any suggestions on how to solve this issue would be really appreciated

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077