Universal apps are failing

Migi2015

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
The univeral app model is excellent from a technical point of view. The problem is elite iOS developers just aren't interested in building apps for a platform where users do not PAY for apps.

ALToronto

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
A BlackBerry lurker here. Well, BB10 runs Android apps, but not all of them, and without anything resembling integration. I have to use an old Starbucks app because the most recent one doesn't work without Google Play Services. If MS decided to install a runtime, it would have the same problem. The runtime hasn't helped BlackBerry increase market share, and it won't help Windows Phone.

Universal apps are the best option for MS to grow adoption rate. No, Starbucks won't develop a WP10 app unless WP10 gains at least 10% market share on mobile devices. A glowing apple is still the most popular accessory for a Starbucks cup. But a wider acceptance of universal apps, combined with developer support for the idea, will eventually make the app ecosystems platform-independent, and that will be a good thing for everyone.

Migi2015

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
A BlackBerry lurker here. Well, BB10 runs Android apps, but not all of them, and without anything resembling integration. I have to use an old Starbucks app because the most recent one doesn't work without Google Play Services. If MS decided to install a runtime, it would have the same problem. The runtime hasn't helped BlackBerry increase market share, and it won't help Windows Phone.

Universal apps are the best option for MS to grow adoption rate. No, Starbucks won't develop a WP10 app unless WP10 gains at least 10% market share on mobile devices. A glowing apple is still the most popular accessory for a Starbucks cup. But a wider acceptance of universal apps, combined with developer support for the idea, will eventually make the app ecosystems platform-independent, and that will be a good thing for everyone.

I fail to see how you dislodge the glowing fruit.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
They scared the sh*t out of the of US though as they were accurate enough to almost get Israel into the war and busting the coalition, I think if I remember rightly the US had to go into plan b and c mode because of them.

This was in reply to the Scud missile reference a few posts back.

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Do you think Microsoft has a real chance to compete with iOS and Android, speaking of the number and quality of the applications in the store?

Lol. They are not competing with anyone. If they have any grudge against any OS, they will not release their own apps on iOS and Android. It is the fans who compete with each other.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria